Email Marketing Specialist
Do you want to be a part of something transformational? You’ll be a key part of our Digital Marketing business unit and will work closely with our Senior Marketing Strategists to drive end-to-end email marketing programs, with your ownership of campaign planning and management of email marketing automation platform operation, configuration, and administration; performance measurement and reporting; identification of trends and insights to optimize spend and performance. Documenting email marketing best practices and driving adoption across our digital work will also be an important component to the job.
- Configure and optimize email marketing campaigns using our email marketing platform.
- Monitor daily operations of the email marketing platform and ensure optimal performance.
- Work closely with Marketing Creative Team to create new email campaigns and strengthen existing campaigns.
- Provide subject matter expertise and input to influence and assist with decisions related to email and website operations, integrations, projects and relevant initiatives
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience and leverage cross-functional team members, to successfully support the implementation and delivery of email initiatives
- Manage relationship with ReturnPath vendor for contract and requirements, in support of email tracking
- Monitor email deliverability to maintain high sender score and inbox placement rates, ensuring optimized email deliverability.
- Own the design, development, implementation and measurement of email marketing programs -- all aspects of the process from target segmentation, list acquisition and importing, creation of email templates, scheduling, and reporting.
- Drive email marketing program requirements for marketing campaigns.
- Ensure quality control (e.g. testing, proofing, list management, tagging) for all email marketing programs; and diagnose issues in end-to-end lead management.
- Build, manage and maintain reports within email marketing platform to track ROI and success metrics for every campaign.
- Optimization of email marketing campaigns including A/B testing, etc.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external vendors to execute email marketing campaigns.
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years in a marketing operations, email marketing or marketing automation role
- Experience working in email marketing / marketing automation campaign platform such as Eloqua, Iterable, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or equivalent email platforms.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Salesforce campaigns, and reporting, and comfortable building reports and dashboards.
- Strong data evaluation skills, with the ability to extract and interpret data from the email channel to offer creative marketing solutions and business decisions
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building skills and experience working with colleagues and partners at all levels
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong personal drive and self-sufficiency to execute with minimal supervision
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
The mission of Genworth’s US Life business is to develop solutions that meet the financial challenges of aging, including individual and group long term care insurance, annuities, life insurance and new innovative products over time.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.