You want to do work that matters. You want to work with people you care about, and who care about you. You want to be challenged, to grow, and to be a leader. You have ambition and drive to spare, and you're ready to do work that can change the world! You want both a fulfilling life AND a rewarding career.
We want all those things, too, and we've found them here at Cultivate. Sound like a dream company for you or someone you know? We're hiring an Email Marketing Strategist/Sales Copywriter and would love for you to apply!
The Sales Copywriter/Email Marketing Strategist is responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution of email marketing programs, as well as the sales copy around email and the website. In this role, you will lead the overall strategic direction as well as everyday deployment tactics to deliver best-in-class email marketing experiences. This includes ownership of the setup, maintenance, and reporting for recurring and triggered email communications, as well as applying email marketing best practices to optimize business revenue and engagement.
The ideal candidate:
- Embodies our core values and can propel our mission forward with integrity.
- Is exceptional at whatever he or she does and proactively seeks to solve puzzles and find solutions. This is the most important factor in your success! You must be a self-starter who loves to learn and grow (both personally and professionally!).
- Is a finisher. You must love the details of your work, and work dutifully to ensure tasks are complete and accurate.
- Has excellent business judgment, outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written), and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done.
- Is an exceptional writer with a warm, practical, encouraging voice.
- Has superior analytical skills partnered with a creative mind.
- Has a strong love for the Cultivate community and what we teach. Must be passionate about helping our users succeed in their goals and get the most out of their products!
- Has a Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of email marketing experience.
Bonus Skills: Experience using Klaviyo, Asana, and in graphic design
Who this position is not for:
- Someone who isn’t entrepreneurial, curious, or a self-starter. Someone who needs a roadmap.
- Someone who is only motivated by a boss telling him or her to work harder.
- Someone who finds herself saying things like, “this isn't my job, someone else should do it.”
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Write and develop sales, marketing, and teaching copy for email and our websites.
- Develop strategic, integrated marketing plans and programs that align with the organization's goals: drive online traffic and sales and drive brand affinity and retail growth through email touchpoints.
- Build and code email campaigns using HTML and database file/segment selection. Ensure quality of all outbound campaigns.
- Perform day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging, and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered, and dynamic content-driven campaigns and flows.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, technical issues, and other aspects of email execution, as required.
- Regular email marketing reporting and analysis. Provide recommendations for marketing optimizations to enhance the performance of marketing emails.
- Stay up to date with and recommend email marketing best practices for coding, design, copy, and testing of email campaigns as well as email marketing industry benchmarks, best practices, and emerging trends and opportunities.
About Cultivate What Matters:
Founded by Lara Casey in 2008, our company has grown from a one-woman business to a multi-faceted, multimedia and retail company driven by a mission to help women think big picture and live more intentional lives. Thousands of women have used our signature products, the PowerSheets® and Write the Word Bible Journals, to change their lives through achieving their goals. We're proud to have been featured by Fast Company, Parents, IF Gathering, The Everygirl, Amy Porterfield, Jamie Ivey, and Planners Gone Wild, among many others.
We hire characters, not positions. We’re a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you’re a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Cultivate is an EEO employer and highly values the diverse perspective and background each new team member brings to the table. We can't wait to get to know you!
Please note: This is a full-time position. While we will consider remote candidates, we prefer someone who can work in-person with us in Chapel Hill, NC for the long-term!