Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 55 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
The Marketing Team
The Crunchbase Marketing team is instrumental across the entire user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We combine creativity with decisions based on data and are always thinking about how we can better connect with our customers.
The Email Marketing Specialist will own the development and execution of marketing campaigns for Crunchbase’s B2B products. This person will focus on our email channel, and deploy all email campaigns - including the measurements and optimizations. They will also help with execution across many other channels, including paid, website, and in-product. The ideal candidate is attention oriented and very organized, while having the flexibility to adapt to change. They'll be an integral part of the B2B marketing team at Crunchbase, and will work closely with marketers across product, operations, brand, and digital.
What You'll Do
- Day-to-day development & execution on email marketing campaigns in support of our B2B business products - Crunchbase Enterprise, and Crunchbase for Applications
- Develop emails through templates and custom designs, while working with our in-house designer
- Review and Q&A email copy, and have an interest in writing your own
- Segment the database to build user groups for various campaigns
- Review metrics on a continuous basis against goals and relevant email metrics, and identify quick win performance improvements
- Build and optimize email nurture programs
- Support digital marketing tactics across other channels - including LinkedIn ads
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement- implement A/B tests and experiments on the email channel
- Work with a cross-functional team of demand gen, content, product, channel experts, and marketing operations to execute on lead generating and conversion tactics
What We're Looking For
- Experience with Email Marketing
- Familiarity with Marketing Automation platforms - preferably Marketo
- HTML knowledge (bonus points for MJML knowledge)
- Attention to detail & strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude & willingness to learn
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to adapt to change
- Experience with A/B testing
- Copywriting and copy editing
- Familiarity with Salesforce
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.