The Email Marketing Specialist plays a critical role in leading our CRM program. Working with the Director of Consumer Engagement, you will help develop strategic communication plans for our customers across channels and key touch points, including primarily email, but also online, in store, etc. You will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating our email campaigns and you will seek out opportunities to automate and experiment. As an important member of the Marketing team, you will understand the inner workings of our channels and how to use data to personalize marketing communications and transform how we connect with our consumer base. Candidates must be customer obsessed, have a passion for CRM marketing, be able to uncover & fix inefficient processes, and be experienced with content management/editor tools. Attention to detail, quality of work and intellectual curiosity are all integral to success.
What You’ll Do
- 'Speak’ (live and breathe) email and help the team learn how to incorporate best practices into all planning, decisions and execution - from creative to segmentation to deliverability.
- Create and own the content calendar for CRM while partnering with the rest of the Marketing team and Analytics for higher-level roadmap planning.
- Own and oversee the daily execution of our email program, including: building emails, creating segmentation strategies, tagging links, A/B tests, scheduling deployments and quality assurance.
- Be our email tool expert - update images and content quickly and easily across 4 brands; stay up to date on enhancements and new features.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement, website interactions, shopping history, customer lifecycle and lifetime value.
- Leverage data to power better customer messaging & experiences - from triggered emails to real-time content personalization.
- Define experimentation roadmap and test and learn strategies for optimization.
- Partner with Brand to create and evolve our email templates, driving a mobile first approach.
- Write effective creative briefs that include campaign objectives, messaging hierarchy and target audience.
- Increase email list growth for long term CRM health and pipeline.
- Be organized and judicious about deadlines, working with the team to ensure they are as well.
- Determine email marketing KPIs, set benchmarks and goals.
- Analyze and interpret results from campaigns and share learnings with key stakeholders to drive continuous improvement of campaigns.
- Your ideas will help us work more efficiently and make our customers happier.
Passionate about CRM and providing a well-honed customer experience through best-in-class marketing communication, which reflects your focus on operational excellence and ongoing program evolution.
Excited to define experiments to consistently test, iterate, share, repeat.
A scrappy team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Logical thinker who has a passion for data and customer experience and wants to learn the technical back-end systems to help support campaign development and execution.
Someone that wants to grow with us, and elevate our marketing in an efficient, automated manner.
- A true "whole-brained" thinker and doer with a deep understanding of how email strategies can build and grow a brand.
- A clear, responsive communicator, verbally and in writing, with an energetic attitude.
- Comfortable oscillating between big-picture strategy and in-the-weeds execution.
- Organized and highly attentive to detail with high standards of quality.
- Adaptable to different working styles, mindsets, and personalities, showcasing a willingness to collaborate with all.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred - in the field of business, marketing, or data science.
- 2+ years email marketing or CRM experience required.
- Hands-on experience with email campaign management tools such as Cheetah Digital, Clutch, Salesforce.
- Ecomm, Retail or Loyalty experience preferred.
- Located in Minneapolis, or remote option also available.
IPP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. IPP recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.