Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, and www.cartersoshkosh.ca. The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Responsible for aiding in the development, execution, and monitoring of our email marketing programs. This role will be focused on developing the strategies and executional plans to deliver traffic and sales for our retail business.
Email Planning - 50%
- Collaborate with key cross-function partners to develop content stories and email campaigns to support business strategies
- Develop audience strategies based on content stories and product focus, as well as life-cycle based touchpoints to keep the audiences engaged in the channel and business
- Build circulation plans that will generate channel sales and traffic that exceed targets
- Identify opportunities to segment sends based on audience, product, geography etc.
- Write list specs for each email send, utilizing CRM best practices
- Develop email forecasts based on plans and current business trends
- Constantly re-evaluate plans based on current trends in the business, with the consumer and across the channel to maximize the effectiveness of the email program
- Write creative briefs for all email campaigns to provide clear direction and strategy intent for creative partners
- Partner with site merchandising team to ensure site destinations are robust and deliver on expected customer journey
- Monitor email landscape for new ideas and innovation
- Identify opportunities to refine strategies, develop models, infuse personalization and drive engagement for channel
- Reporting & Analysis - 25%
- Responsible for weekly KPI reporting and dashboards creation
- Socialize weekly reports to key stakeholders to educate and inform on trends and opportunities. Make recommendations for changes to upcoming plans and campaigns, creating a quick feedback to action loop
- Trend data overtime to identify opportunities and changes in behavior
- Post-campaign, develop and document robust hindsights to inform future campaigns
- Monitor email sends intra-day to quickly identify any issues for immediate remedy
- Evangelize learnings and insights across the team to further strengthen program
Execution and Quality Assurance - 25%
- Ensure creative, data and link files are accurate and support strategic intent of creative brief.
- Provide feedback on creative to ensure strongest responsible possible
- Partner with email team to test and Q/A all email sends prior to deployment
- Follow links through to site to ensure total experience is intact prior to send
- Ensure best practices are utilized to maintain strong deliverability
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills a must.
- Superior project management and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, persistent follow-up and an ability to juggle shifting priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Resourceful and solution oriented.
- Team player. Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Naturally curious; desire to understand what works and how to drive results
- Strong knowledge of CRM and segmentation approaches
- 2+ years of experience
- Email experience preferred, preferred experience with Salesforce Marketing Could
- Experience in an agency and/or corporate marketing environment preferred
- Retail experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Proficiency with web analytics (Adobe Analytics)
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or other related field
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.