We are looking for an Email Marketing Specialist with an extensive background in creating automated sequences. This individual should be a strong writer, and will assist with making quality checks across all our email/SMS marketing funnels. They should be a constant learner with a firm understanding inbound marketing.
They will be joining a versatile marketing team of designers, marketing specialists, strategic thinkers, and dedicated department-level developers. There will also be opportunities to work on special first to market projects, and to participate in multiple branding projects across our other businesses.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging platform, delivering messages since 2008. We pride ourselves on providing an online messaging service with a focus on enhancing customer experiences, scaling conversational commerce, artificial intelligence, and advanced API solutions. Innovation is what we strive for, as we are not a company that stands still.
This position is open to candidates living in Canada. Candidates residing in Vancouver (British Columbia) will have the option to work in the office, or to remote work. All other candidates will be WFH full-time. The majority of the marketing team currently resides in Vancouver.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We genuinely listen to feedback, and action good ideas. New technology is embraced, and we are not afraid to implement change. Join an environment where you can grow, celebrate wins, and expect a team approach when it comes to tackling difficult challenges.
Your main responsibilities will include:
55%: Managing and optimising automation sequences
- You will be responsible for 45% of all company-wide automation sequences
- Maintain KPI benchmarks across all assigned sequences
- Work with our global design team to bring creative concepts to reality
- Email copywriting
- Experiment with new email concepts
- Quality control + A/B Testing
- Publish articles via our content calendar for our strategic marketing blog
- Provide complementary content for digital ads
- Assist with publishing large-scale reports and playbooks
- General copywriting for internal projects
10%: Special project assistance + professional development
- We manage 3 core messaging brands, each with a unique set of service offerings. You will be given the opportunity to diversify your workload depending on your skillset and performance.
- Depending on your strengths, and how you would like to develop your skills - this component will be customised to suit your professional goals.
5%: Present new marketing concepts and conduct market research
- Design ads, pitches, and presentations for your assigned industry verticals
- Discover new marketing concepts, and software upgrade ideas to the Marketing Director
Skills, Experience & Qualities
- Must provide a link to a portfolio, where there are screenshots to at least 6 samples of previous emails created (Same design, but different copy is fine)
- 3-4 years of experience in digital marketing
- Exceptional writing skills (both technical and creative)
- Firm understanding of inbound marketing
- Advanced email automation knowledge
- Intermediate email HTML
- Beginner Adobe Illustrator skills
- Genuine passion for the mobile marketing and messaging space
- A strategic mindset
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a SAAS, or start-up environment is ideal
- Experience with using custom CMS platforms, or Unbounce
The Nitty Gritty
- Job type: Full-time contractor
- Compensation: $60,000 - $65,000 per year (CDN)
- Time off: 4 weeks paid vacation + 10 sick/personal days. Canadian Holidays.
- Flexible working hours: Monday-Friday
- (10am-6:30pm, 11am-7:30pm, 12am-8:30pm, 1pm-9:30pm, PST time)
- Location: Canada or New Zealand
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
In addition to this you will also have:
- Flexible working conditions
- Weekly virtual team building activities (company-wide)
Vancouver applicants will have access to:
- WeWork membership + private office access - 450 SW Marine Drive
- 52,000sqf spread across the top 3 floors of the LEED Gold® building
- 4 lounges, 22 sound-proof phone booths, 17 conference rooms, wellness room, community bar, and a large patio with panoramic views of the city
- WeWork partner discounts
- Secure bike storage