As a member of the Digital Marketing Team and larger Marketing Department, you'll work closely with the Senior Email Marketing Specialist, marketing management team, and digital designers to execute against the company's email strategy and initiatives, deploying and tracking highly segmented outbound campaigns and marketing automations across customer groups with a focus on generating inbound leads and increased market awareness.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self?starting marketer who is maniacally focused on using email to create meaningful 1:1 customer experiences, individually and at scale. You are naturally thorough and have high attention to detail. You thrive in fast-paced environments with entrepreneurial DNA, and you're comfortable charting new territory. You aren't afraid to run with ideas and understand BSN SPORTS' customers and how to serve them with email content that helps drive education, interest, and conversion.
- Create, test, deploy, and track highly segmented email marketing campaigns
- Become an expert in BSN SPORTS' robust customer database and personalization tools
- Work with the Marketing, Sales, and Category Management teams to develop a deep understanding of BSN SPORTS' business model and seasonal selling calendars
- Serve as a key player in developing email deployment strategies and tactical execution based on sound best-practices and performance data
- Analyze email campaign performance and derive insights to advance recommendations for optimization and/or the creation of additional campaigns to support key findings
- Assist with email marketing processes including calendaring, HTML email code evaluation/troubleshooting, list management, segmentation, pre-deployment QA/testing, etc.
- Assist with email marketing monthly reporting processes and KPI tracking
- Ensure engagement benchmarks across Open Rates, Click Rates, Opt-Outs, etc. are being achieved by email marketing campaigns
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar, and spelling
- Help the marketing team ensure all email marketing campaigns are always targeting the right audiences with the right message at the right time
- Design Thinking -- an eye for clean email design and user experience
- Technical Email Knowledge -- confidence using email marketing and marketing automation systems (e.g., Silverpop/IBM Watson, Creatio, Salesforce, Pardot, Marketo, etc.)
- Data Management -- database integration and customer list management
- Personalized and Targeted Messaging -- understands the customer journey and timing of relevant touchpoints for different customer groups
- Analytics -- strong analytical skills, understanding of AB-testing across email components
- Organization -- highly organized and capable of maintaining multiple campaign tracks
- Time Management -- planning, execution, prioritization, and organizational skills -- can meet hard deadlines.
- Adaptability -- can adapt to existing processes and procedures, while staying current with programs to suggest new approaches to delivering better results
- Communication -- strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to write and verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Teamwork -- a great teammate and servant leader