The Email Marketing Specialist supports the Best Friends email marketing and fundraising program and is responsible for email implementation and day-to-day management of the program. This includes email production, quality assurance, reviews, implementation and reporting for all emails sent through Luminate Online. The Email Marketing Specialist oversees all mass supporter-facing emails sent by Best Friends; acts as a subject matter expert for Email Service Provider (ESP) platform capabilities, coding and process; and coordinates and trains staff who deploy emails through other systems.
This position is on the Digital Fundraising team, reporting to the Digital Fundraising Operations Manager.
- Treat people around you with Kindness and Compassion, build trust by demonstrating authenticity and following through on your commitments, prioritize your well-being like you do our mission, and work to build strong relationships with your colleagues by participating in communication loops to share and receive honest feedback. You are responsible and accountable for the culture you add to your team dynamic.
- Manage master email calendar and ensure best possible supporter experience through strategic scheduling
- Manage customer revision and approval process
- Perform a wide variety of production-related tasks including building, modifying, maintaining, optimizing, implementing, testing and customizing emails, utilizing proper HTML coding and image and link optimization to meet compatibility across multiple email clients on multiple computer platforms including most commonly used web clients
- Perform thorough quality assurance on every email prior to sharing for review and approval
- Apply email best practices to ensure best possible performance and give and implement recommendations for how to improve on email results. Establish and maintain standards for email content and design. Document standards and best practices and make recommendations to optimize email strategy and design.
- Set up email audiences and segments and manage user records in ESP and central database
- Perform a/b testing when applicable to support channel optimization. Provide reporting and recommendations based on results of tests.
- Perform and maintain reporting on all emails, and provide additional reporting as needed
- Provide support for teams who send email via approved third-party ESPs and ensure their emails meet our high quality standards.
- Work with colleagues throughout the organization in a collaborative and professional manner. Respond to inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- Act as primary contact when working with external agencies and vendors on advanced email coding projects, as needed
- Regularly contribute ideas and suggestions for ways to improve the email program and email production process. Play an active, engaged role on the Digital Fundraising team, offering ideas and suggestions on fundraising and engagement campaigns
- 2-3 years experience with email marketing and production
- Strong confidence working in HTML and troubleshooting code
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of all aspects of email deployment and execution including email template creation, list management, content rendering, testing, optimization, familiarity with 3rd-party email platforms, email success tracking and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing and email best practices
- Experience with A/B multivariate testing of email template designs, email copy and email subject lines
- Comfort using Photoshop and working with PSD design files
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent verbal/written communication, proofreading skills
- Deadline driven with strong time management skills and the experience and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Experience with Luminate Online preferred
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of CSS and HTML, FTP applications, Dreamweaver, and other web-related software and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of cross-browser capabilities and how to create solutions
- Above average technical skills using the Internet and office communication tools such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and find solutions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in team environment within internal team and across all divisions
- Ability to work independently without requiring detailed management review of general work
- Knowledgeable about web technologies, standard concepts, best practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and Google Analytics requirements for email tracking
- This position requires travel of up to two weeks per year via various forms of public transportation and accommodations on behalf of organization business.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.