A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berxi (Berxi.com) is a fast-growing start-up within Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance. We set out to build a modern, customer-focused, digital platform to help professionals and small businesses buy and manage insurance smarter and faster – all which saves them time and money. Berxi has an exciting opportunity for an Email Marketing Specialist to handle the day-to-day function of the email channel as well as fostering improvement and growth. S/he will work with the Marketing Managers, as well as other team members (e.g. Partnerships and Product Management), to meet all email communication needs. Managing email campaigns includes overseeing journey and trigger-based campaigns, newsletters, one-off emails, partner emails, emails sent via third parties, and more. The Specialist improves the effectiveness of the email channel, including cleaning and growing the customer/prospect database(s), as well as selecting the right audience for each campaign, to increase user engagement and conversion rates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on our email marketing platform, learn and understand its capabilities, advocate for ways to increase efficiencies, troubleshoot issues, and make recommendations for improved performance.
- Conduct extensive A/B testing and analysis of email marketing efforts including delivery, creative layout, subject line testing, open rate, click through rate and segmentation performance to develop best practices for ongoing optimization of email campaigns.
- Ensure emails are appropriately tracked and report on email metrics and performance data (e.g., conversion rates, click-through rates, and open rates).
- Create and maintain trigger email programs based on customer and prospect life cycle.
- Build email templates based on designs provided by creative team.
- Collaborate with Partnership team on partner email creation, manage execution and communication of results.
- Monitor ongoing data quality both in and out of the email platform and develop quality control reporting.
- Troubleshoot deliverability issues, maintaining a high deliverability rate, list management, segmentation, hygiene, bounce handling rules, list removal logic and other tactics.
- Work with Compliance to guarantee emails comply with CAN-SPAM and other regulatory standards.
- Maintain preference library and monitor for accurate usage.
- Create and update landing pages for email and digital campaigns.
- Assist with digital campaigns as needed.
- Manage Referral Program.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of email marketing experience, with bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Hands-on use of email marketing platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with ability to create complex spreadsheets using formulas, including v-lookup, and pivot tables.
- Familiarity with building, coding, testing, and troubleshooting responsive HTML email templates.
- Understanding of email marketing strategies and experience with campaign execution, including brand/product awareness, lead generation, and transactional campaigns.
- Monitor email channel performance, quantify and identify areas for improvement.
- Analytical (data-driven) approach to plan, execute, and review email and lead generation improvement projects.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn email technology and other platforms.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Content Management Systems such as Contentful and make basic edits to web pages.
- Understand ISP/domain-specific deliverability metrics such as spam traps, bounce handling rules and filtering logic.
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable interacting with teammates including senior management.
- Ability to multi-task and manage different projects at various stages of development.
- Knowledge of email best practices.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action-oriented and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.