ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process.
Founded in 2015, we have built partnerships with over 1,200 primary, secondary, and post-secondary schools, and work with 3,500+ recruitment partners to drive diversity on campuses across Canada and the United States. To date, we have assisted more than 80,000 students with their educational journey. Together, we will achieve our mission of educating the world. In November 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast™ 50.
Our team of over 430 ApplyBoardians and growing, is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprised of 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated. ApplyBoard is headquartered in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
ApplyBoard is looking for a strategic, analytical, and creative Email Marketing Specialist to join our growing and fast-paced Marketing Team. Reporting to our Manager, Demand Generation, the Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for planning and executing a wide range of email marketing campaigns to support lead generation, engagement, and retention.
- Plan and execute all inbound and outbound email marketing campaigns and initiatives focused on driving lead generation, conversion, account management, customer retention, and brand awareness
- Develop written copy for all email marketing initiatives including email subject lines, email body copy, landing page copy, CTAs, etc. Personally create basic graphics and work with our in-house Graphic Designers on more complex graphics used in email and on landing pages
- Setup and manage segmentation, automation, personalization, A/B, and multivariate testing focused on continuous improvement, engagement, and optimization
- Monitor campaign and email performance, providing accurate reporting to leadership on the effectiveness of campaigns
- Manage ApplyBoard email contact lists and ensure database remains clean and accurate
- Ensure compliance with CAN-SPAM, CASH, and GDPR
- Oversee adherence to ApplyBoard’s email marketing and communications policy
- Stay up-to-date on email marketing trends, and update peers on the Marketing Team on best practices and strategies
- Other tasks as assigned
- A college diploma or a university degree in marketing, digital marketing, business, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience executing email marketing campaigns at a technology company or within an agency setting
- Demonstrated experience using marketing automation tools, design software/programs, and GSuite
- A strong understanding of email and digital marketing best practices including deliverability, A/B testing, automation, and compliance standards
- Exceptional written communication skills with experience proofing and editing content
- Experience creating and managing an email communications calendar
- Strong project management, collaboration, and multi-tasking skills
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- A positive attitude and desire to take ownership of the functions within your role
You’ll stand out from the crowd if you have:
- Experience using HubSpot for email marketing, landing page creation, contact and list management, forms, workflows, and automation
- An eye for design and demonstrated experience creating graphics for email and other digital formats
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.