APOLLO is a digital insurance company. Our platform, the APOLLO Exchange, launched in 2019 and now offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We recently launched renters insurance and continue to rapidly expand our product offering. The Exchange reduces what can commonly be a painful weeks-long process of back and forth into simple and immediate digital fulfillment. Five minutes is all it takes to get covered, 24/7, from anywhere and any device.
The APOLLO values are Courage, Adventure, Integrity, Candor and Desire. APOLLO is a team of empowered and driven individuals who embody these values and have the desire to build a great company. This position offers a chance for the right applicant to make a name for themselves with a rising company on the forefront of the digital innovation of a global, $5 trillion dollar industry.
We are looking for a sharp and innovative email marketing specialist who can take a data-driven, analytical approach to engaging with multiple audiences. The ideal candidate will be required to oversee all aspects of email marketing campaigns, including market research, content creation, and dissemination of copy. They will also be required to collaborate with teams across departments to ensure maximum effectiveness.
To be successful as an email marketing specialist, you should demonstrate the ability to create accessible, engaging, and memorable texts. Ultimately, an outstanding email marketing specialist will remain abreast of technological developments that facilitate the dissemination and monitoring of campaign features.
This exciting opportunity is ideal for a motivated individual who enjoys a multifaceted role combining a variety of projects. If you love a fast-paced team environment and have a "can-do" attitude, we'd love to hear from you!
- Immerse yourself in APOLLO’s business and understand how we provide value to our variety of target personas
- Conducting market research to better comprehend prevailing consumer behaviors.
- Reviewing our former campaigns to ascertain areas of strength and weakness, which could inform subsequent outputs.
- Conceptualizing marketing campaigns that speak directly to the pain points of existing and prospective clientele.
- Creating well-written copy that is free from mistakes.
- Collaborating with graphic designers to improve the appearance layout of outputs.
- Maintaining a database of customers who have opted to receive our correspondence.
- Distributing emails through the use of automation software.
- Monitoring and reporting on the utility of each campaign.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in marketing management, advertising, communications, or similar.
- 3+ years’ experience creating high-impact, unique marketing campaigns.
- Experience with user segmentation and event-based email marketing initiatives.
- Prior database management experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Familiarity with pertinent automation and performance evaluation software.
- Excellent project management skills specific to marketing.
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities.
- Ability to harness collaboration to produce well-crafted content.
- Drive, ingenuity, and gumption.
- Willingness to work extended hours to ensure that projects are completed, as needed.
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Development programs
- Casual dress
- Company social events
- Unlimited vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Wellness program
- Work from home flexibility
- Central Gastown office location just blocks from seabus terminal