The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in developing AIHA’s email marketing strategies and implementing digital marketing activities. Duties include (but are not limited to) writing, editing, and formatting copy; developing graphics; developing content for landing pages; and building and sending marketing emails. They are responsible for improving the user experience with AIHA’s digital platforms, by leveraging knowledge of best practices, content layout, CMS experience, and search engine optimization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build, test, troubleshoot, and schedule marketing emails.
- Continually test, analyze, and optimize website and online program content.
- Write clear, SEO-rich copy for website landing pages associated with email marketing campaigns.
- Write concise and powerful marketing copy for banner ads, landing pages, social media ads, and other online communications as needed.
- Develop graphics and ads that support online and social media marketing efforts.
- Assist in communicating with internal departments and external vendors to develop online marketing tactics that meet planned business objectives for online channels.
- Collaborate in the development of online marketing and social media initiatives, and new website functionality.
- Build, implement, and track progress of digital marketing campaigns
- Use statistical analysis and reports to recommend new approaches and campaign ideas
- Offer support to stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition from marketing concept to technology implementation.
- Serve as a resource to staff to implement digital strategies.
- Create and maintain project timelines in support of marketing campaigns.
- Support automated drip marketing campaigns in email content marketing system.
- Work closely with Database Administrator and Senior Manager, Digital Marketing to manage and maintain marketing lists.
- Manage outside vendors, as needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, marketing, graphic design, or technology majors preferred
- 2-3 years of working experience with:
- An email marketing system
- Project Management from start to finish
- Email marketing concepts and metrics such as sender score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Understanding best practices and industry-related compliance laws
- Familiarity working within a structured marketing automation platform and/or customer relationship management platform (CRM)
- Experience working with a CMS and website platforms
- Strong project management skills
- Strong to excellent skills working efficiently in Excel
- Strong attention to detail and quality control
- Basic graphic design skills, working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop and Illustrator specifically
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience in non-profit or association environment
- Proficiency in Google Analytics
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM
- Working knowledge of Real Magnet a plus
- Working knowledge of CSS a plus
- To Truly Excel, You Will Have An eagerness and willingness to learn
- Exceptional attention to detail
- An understanding of current digital marketing best practices
- An understanding of online marketing strategies for marketing project and campaign fulfillment.
- The ability to write precise, concise copy (and condense large amounts of copy) as needed for digital marketing intiatives
- The ability to complete a job independently and be a self-starter
- The ability to ask a lot of questions to ensure expectations are understood up front
Some travel may be required but isn’t anticipated (conference attendance)