Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 60381
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- Responsible for planning and producing email marketing programs to promote various products and services. This position plays an integral role in delivering a robust and modern Customer Relationship Management (CRM) communication program.
- The role is a part of the Email Marketing Team within the Global Brand Marketing Organization, part of the Customer Division.
What You'll Do
- Owns and executes the design, production and delivery of email marketing projects for Customer Relationship Management (CRM), loyalty promotions and other business needs
- Owns the email production (build) process for each program utilizing our third-party Email Service Provider platform, this includes creative design, HTML coding and running audience filters against American’s IT data sources
- Owns the overall email contact strategy to meet business objectives, in close collaboration with internal and external partners, including Global Marketing, Loyalty Marketing, Customer Experience, Email Service Provider and IT
- Acts as Product Owner for IT projects assigned to their vertical
- Develops email marketing strategies that advance our trigger-based and automation efforts
- Monitors ongoing trigger/automation activity and makes optimization recommendations based on performance
- Ensures the marketing message is conveyed clearly and delivered properly to recipients
- Develops and implements ongoing best practices to monitor and schedule CRM Team resources, including report development of historical resource allocations
- Develops and executes email testing strategies for maximum optimization of the email channel
- Develops customer segmentation metrics, goals and measurement for customer lifecycle marketing programs
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Technical Communications/Visual Design or equivalent experience/training
- 2 years of Customer Relationship Management/email marketing experience or related field
- Experience with an Email Service Provider platform
- Experience building and deploying emails, including HTML design/coding, audience segmentation, campaign set up
- Must have expertise in HTML design/coding and other technical expertise to troubleshoot and correct issues that affect email production or other actions that may impact customer experience with American’s email marketing product
- Experience reporting and analyzing campaign results data
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Hands on experience in developing and implementing new customer journey emails
- Email copywriting experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Dreamweaver
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools – Excel in particular
- Understanding of relational databases and related technology query tools such as Access or SQL is preferred
- Strong analytical mindset with a drive toward actionable insight
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively, meet tight deadlines, and shift priorities appropriately in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; able to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to appropriately interact with diverse teams (internal and external), across multiple management levels
What You'll Get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve; inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 60381