Email Marketing Specialist
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated Email Marketing Specialist to level up the success of our email campaigns. You would be responsible for developing and implementing email best practices and data-driven optimization across our existing campaigns, as well as identifying and leading the development of new programs with promise.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms.
As An Email Marketing Specialist, You Will
- Internalize existing goals- ideate on most effective ways to attain them
- Craft campaign specific goals and monitor performance
- Craft campaign briefs
- Support the creative copy and visual direction for personalized user journeys based on email channel best practices and data-driven optimization
- Help build and implement mobile-responsive HTML templates
- Develop and conduct A/B testing plans
- Measure and report out on the success of existing email programs through the monitoring of key metrics
- Identify and prioritize the implementation of new email programs with the most potential return on investment
- Build custom audience targeting
- Monitor email deliverability performance and address any issues to maintain channel health
Your Professional Profile
- 2+ years of experience in email marketing acquisition and retention, ideally with a consumer-facing brand
- Strong knowledge of email best practices: including email deliverability, a/b testing, dynamic content, responsive HTML/CSS design
- Experience operating Braze, Acoustic, or similar marketing automation/ESP platform
- Proven, demonstrable track record of scrappy approaches to reaching goals and driving user engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated by goals and a strong track record of hitting email goals
- Clear understanding of email QA practices
- Proactive and detail-oriented
- Passion for metrics and data analysis
- SQL experience a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Experience working in a sprint format/agile environment a plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.