PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be local to or willing to relocate to Pleasanton, CA as we operate on a hybrid work model (3 days onsite, 2 remote)
PlanetArt is looking for a talented Email Marketing Project Manager to support the company’s growing mobile-app business. The successful candidate will be responsible for owning the email planning and deployment of our customer communications under our FreePrints & Sincerely brands.
Through our network of websites and mobile apps, PlanetArt gives consumers the opportunity to design personalized products like holiday cards, photo canvases and customized gifts that are professionally printed. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events.
Our purpose is quite simple: We deliver smiles.
What You’ll Do:
You must be comfortable managing multiple projects, with strong project management skills and an eye for detail. You should be very comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, fluid environment. A “can-do” attitude and superb interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, are an absolute must.
We’re looking for someone who can balance creative marketing strategies with technical knowledge of app performance. You will be project managing your customer retention campaigns and working closing with App Dev team to optimize the customer engagement and lifetime value. The Marketing Manager will be involved in some or all of the following: targeted Email campaigns with numerous creative versions going to numerous customer segments, working with designers and developers to create new emails, deploying emails through our Email Service Provider, deploying triggered emails through our Marketing Automation / CRM system, becoming a subject matter expert on our database and ensuring we have proper segmentation and list pulls. This person will provide critical assistance in the implementation of revenue generating initiatives.
The Marketing Manager will have the following role & responsibilities:
- Drive reengagement via email communications in promotional, transactional, lifecycle, re-engagement, and triggered campaigns;
- Devise and own deployment schedule;
- Implement trigger-based emails & push notifications – mastering the technical aspects of deploying these through our Marketing Automation / CRM system;
- Manage SMS Campaigns for various PlanetArt brands;
- Oversee email operations including coding, testing and directly managing deployment activities for your assigned brands;
- Create relevant reporting and analytics which provide insight into issues and opportunities leading to action;
- Working with key stakeholders to propose email strategy for elevating the mobile app experiences and driving incremental sales;
- Work closely with the CRM team on all email and push marketing strategies across channels on a global scale, including email best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations;
- Support for projects, site developments and other initiatives where applicable.
What You Should Have:
- 2+ years’ experience in Email Marketing (DTC experience preferred);
- SMS & Push notification experience a plus;
- Knowledge of performance metrics, preferably experience working with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics;
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Experience managing marketing calendars;
- Conducted A/B testing of emails;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work collaboratively and cross-departmentally;
- HTML knowledge is a plus but not required;
- Hands-on experience managing campaigns in Listrak, Braze and/or other email marketing platforms;
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently;
- Comfortable working with customer databases, segmentation, and list pulling;
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or a related field is a plus.
- Covid-19 vaccine is required - reasonable accommodations will be considered.
PlanetArt offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Hybrid In-Office Work Schedule
- Employee Product Discounts