Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
Email Marketing Program Manager
Gannett is hiring an Email Marketing Program Manager, responsible for the B2C product development lifecycle in collaboration with product management, development, and architecture teams by gathering and defining overall email product strategy and by working closely with stakeholders and project teams.
You are someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. The environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously and lead aggressive delivery schedules. You should have strong problem-solving and negotiation skills as well as a passion for improving on process and tools. The right mix of technical, organizational, and communication skills is key to success in this role.
The Marketing Technology team is responsible for strategizing, building and improving an always-on, customer-obsessed technology backbone to enable marketing ROI and contribute to subscriber growth, retention and satisfaction.
The team owns the marketing tech stack with focus on CRM, marketing automation, CDP etc. and is responsible for the integration of marketing/data platforms and data quality within the marketing tech stack.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Drive the B2C product development lifecycle in collaboration with product management, development, and architecture teams by gathering and defining overall email product strategy and by working closely with stakeholders and project teams
- Query and stage data for editorial newsletters, campaign automations, journeys, and all other ad-hoc email sends
- Work in all areas of Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Automation Studio, Journey Builder, Ad Audiences, Content Builder
- Manage feature requirements, collaborating with cross functional teams to connect business goals with the design & development process
- Identify new B2C email monetization opportunities and work with stakeholders, vendors, and partners to implement enhancements that result in increased revenue
- Act as one of the primary points of contact with the 3rd party email service provider vendors & primary stakeholders. This includes working with business teams to manage forecasts, working with stakeholders to establish ongoing requirements or technology teams in case of break/fix issues
- Coordinate email contact strategies across channels as part of a comprehensive CRM strategy
- Provide reporting requirements and coordinate user requirements for data sharing with the reporting team
- Serve as the primary point of contact, champion and product resource for partners and all appropriate Gannett businesses, including USA TODAY and local newspapers
- Educate local markets on best practices for successful revenue-generating email delivery and programs
- Work with editorial teams to optimize newsletter send strategies and deployments
- Manage relationships with vendors, partners or joint ventures related to product improvements.
- Monitor email deliverability, inbox placement rates, and sender profile reputations.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in email/marketing automation platforms
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience is required
- SQL experience is preferable
- Consistent track record of leading strategic projects combined with the ability to tactically execute project-level activities and tasks
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and attention to detail with a proven ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects
- Results-oriented, energetic and focused with a strong desire to learn and succeed
- You will have leadership experience, top-notch organizational skills, a “can-do” work ethic, and the ability to connect with employees at all levels
Physical Requirements (if Applicable)
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.