PK is a global experience engineering firm, offering our clients a broad array of capabilities ranging from marketing strategy to digital program design, build, and management. We’re traditionally known for our solution engineering and are in the process of rapidly growing our Marketing and Strategy teams.
We are currently seeking an Email Marketing Practice Manager to join our Strategy & Design - Digital Marketing team. This is a senior-level role, with people management responsibility and significant exposure to clients and senior leadership within the firm.
As a senior email marketing expert, you should be ready to identify issues, questions, and opportunities proactively and use industry knowledge, experience, and insights derived from primary and secondary data sources to inform actionable strategy recommendations that drive real business decisions and move teams forward.
This position requires a strong self-starter with a bias for action, an insatiable curiosity and desire for learning, broad integrated marketing agency experience with deep email marketing expertise, and the ability to create and constantly evolve e-mail marketing and marketing automation programs for clients, leveraging the latest technologies and leading in the development of IP for the firm.
- Design, develop, and manage the email marketing practice at PK
- Define and design email marketing go-to-market strategies and support sales with program solution design, estimates, proposal assets, case studies, and other work to win new clients.
- Develop and lead a team of certificated email marketing specialists and collaborate closely with insights and optimization team for ongoing program measurement, A|B|N testing, and continuous program improvement.
- Manage multiple teams across multiple clients to ensure the highest quality email marketing program planning and execution, adhering to budget and timeline parameters for each client.
- Establish and maintain relationships with major email marketing platform providers, including Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, and Google.
- Play a role as email marketing SME on cross-functional teams and lead that part of client engagements.
- Develop methodologies and establish best practices that will be used within the email marketing group, the Digital Marketing COE, and throughout the firm.
- Ensure all programs managed meet standards and compliance requirements, including contact and data privacy regulations.
- Contribute to business development initiatives both as a member of pitch teams and by delivering high quality strategy, planning, and execution, leading to client confidence and repeat/ongoing engagements
- Manage projects, teams and client contacts.
- Drive and maintain industry standards and excellence in areas such as data privacy, AI/machine learning, etc.
- Play a thought leadership role across the organization, educate and generate awareness around trends, technologies, methodologies, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; Masters degree in business or marketing is strongly preferred
- Enterprise CRM experience -Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Adobe Marketo, Oracle, Crowd Twist (preferred)
- CRM experience must include Lead scoring, Nurturing, acquisition, retention, and winback campaigns, Journey mapping, Audience targeting/segmentation, Marketing automation, including event and time-triggered comms, Tool selection, Multivariate testing, Analytics.
- Client experience should include several mid-size or larger clients with at least 1MM records in DB (this goes to ability to segment, test, run multiple journeys, etc.)
- Management experience must include: Hiring/developing team, establishing vision for group and/or aligning with corporate objectives, Demonstrated/proven track record of leveraging technology to create distinction in the marketplace
- A proven ability to create and manage email marketing programs for multiple enterprise clients. We expect candidates to discuss a robust portfolio of work early in the interview process, including strategy, design, execution, test/optimization methodology, and results.
- A proven ability to design and manage enterprise email programs that address stated business needs and achieve critical client KPIs.
- A proven ability to create solutions, frameworks, and GTM plans, and bring them to fruition.
- Deep experience with both B2B / account-based marketing as well as B2C programs.
- The ability to juggle competing activities and prioritize appropriately
- Proven track record of establishing new programs, staffing/hiring for those programs, retaining and growing staff.
- A strong team/collaborative orientation, and the ability to get things done with/through others as well as oneself
- Fluency and experience with technology tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Slack/Trello boards, Dropbox/SharePoint, etc.)
- 8-10 years’ experience in professional services organization leading and delivering integrated marketing programs, with a focus on email marketing. including:
- Program Strategy - defining objectives, determining core business KPIs, audience analysis, journey analysis, gap analysis, vendor/tool selection, competitor analysis
- Program Design – Journey mapping/design for existing and new journeys, including new product launches; content strategy and planning; creative collaboration, test & learn methodology/plan; measurement and reporting; compliance tools and monitoring
- Execution: In-depth knowledge of at least two enterprise email marketing platforms (Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, Acoustic, etc.), deep understanding of work required to build and launch a successful program; processes, tools, and workflow to ensure ongoing management success;
- Reporting: Successfully conveying meaningful insights via various forms and types of deliverables (data reduction, charts, dashboards, scorecard and presentation decks)
- Drive and maintain industry standards and excellence in areas such as list management, data privacy, etc.
- Play a thought leadership role across the organization, educate and generate awareness around trends, methodologies, etc.
- Management and leadership of project teams, including responsibility for program budgets and timelines
- Successful mentoring, training and knowledge-sharing
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at PK are based exclusively on merit. PK does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity and identity expression, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.