Why don't marketers like trampolines?... They're scared of high bounce rates!
If this made you painfully chuckle and *smh*, you're perfect for this role.
Updater's User Engagement team is responsible for conveying how Updater helps users save time, money, and stress when going through the third most stressful life event – moving! We're looking for a technical email marketer and platform expert to execute marketing communications with our users, specifically leveraging Iterable.
As our Email Marketing Operations Manager, your mission is to turn campaign ideas and testing hypotheses into action while working closely with other members of our User Engagement team. You will own the daily email operations of our user-facing marketing organization to ensure that campaigns are completed and deployed on time. You're responsible for applying email operations best practices and guiding our marketers, engineers, and product managers on how best to unlock the full value of our current tool of choice – Iterable. You'll assess marketing's challenges and think critically to devise solutions. You will work closely with stakeholders across marketing and product, as well as outside agencies, to manage and deliver our email marketing programs.
This role sits on our User Engagement team – a team dedicated to delivering an engaging user experience and constantly seeking to discover (and actualize!) new means of value for all users. Our ideal candidate is an email expert with extensive technical campaign management experience in B2C marketing. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of email marketing best practices, self-motivation, and a strong sense of personal accountability.
About The Role
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of email marketing programs
- Identify, implement, and track meaningful tests to improve one-off emails and journey campaigns
- Own email campaign production from end-to-end, ensuring our emails are received by the right users, at the right time, with the right content
- Carry out advanced QA, segmentation, and management of campaigns
- Work independently to execute email and troubleshoot technical issues
- Establish, maintain, and optimize processes for campaign operations
- Demonstrate the power and value of email using creative brainstorming, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- Implement personalization programs
- Analyze and communicate results including key performance metrics
- Maintain ownership of the email marketing tech stack
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from our users' point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but aren't afraid to be proven wrong, and are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: you have optimism and a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- Comfort with Ambiguity: you're used to being asked open-ended questions and whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- At least 5+ years of relevant marketing operations experience at a Series A - D startup
- A proven track record of 2+ years in email production and execution in Iterable, Customer.io, ActiveCampaign, Braze, or other top-tier ESPs
- Strong proficiency with HTML/CSS
- Ability to analyze datasets and interpret email data to optimize programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under real-time change requests
- Ability to handle opposing priorities with tight deadlines, and communicate priorities to stakeholders
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater's real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.