HOMER has a newly created opportunity for an exceptional CRM & Lifecycle Marketing Manager to join our energetic, growing team. This role will be based in our NYC office (will be remote until the office reopens) or we may consider remote from select locations*. US Remote Locations: AL, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, MA, MD, MI, NC, NE, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WY.
You will have an immediate and visible impact on lifecycle marketing initiatives that touch the lives of parents and teachers across the globe. Reporting into the Director of CRM, Lifecycle Marketing, you will help manage the entire email creation process from design to coding, development, QA and launch for all email touch points throughout the customer journey such as win back, upsell, cross-sell, cart abandonment and transactional emails.
HOMER is the essential early learning program for kids 2-8. Powered by the HOMER Method, the most effective way for your child to learn— our expert-designed proprietary learning framework is research-backed and kid-tested to give your child the best start to their learning journey. Focused on both academic and personal skills, HOMER develops confident learners prepared for both school and life.
We are a high-growth business with an amazing set of investors. We offer competitive compensation including equity and full benefits in a creative, flexible environment that invests in professional development.
- Work closely with our Director of CRM and cross functionally with our creative, product and learning experiences teams to develop best in class email marketing and SMS campaigns, and automations
- Work closely with our design team to develop email/SMS campaigns and automations
- Code, develop, QA and launch emails in a fast paced environment
- QA emails across all isps, mobile and web browsers ensuring all links, images, subject lines, and list segments are accurate and working properly
- Create emails with best email practices such as proper image to text ratios, image sizing, font sizing, segmentation strategies, etc.
- Launch personalized SMS campaigns and drips
- Set up A/B subject line, creative and copy tests across all CRM activations
- Analyze results and KPIs of all CRM activations
- Optimize email creative for mobile first and desktop browsers
- Segment lists based on behaviors (e.g., past email engagement, app interactions, user level attributes, etc.)
- Develop and maintain CRM calendar for company wide visibility
- 5+ years of experience working in email marketing role
- Strong Quantitative and Analytical Skills.
- Proficient knowledge of HTML and ability to edit on the fly
- Proficient knowledge of best A/B testing practices
- Knowledge of email best practices, CAN-SPAM and CCPA
- Knowledge of best email deliverability practices
- High attention to detail
- Experience with content personalization, liquid logic, etc.
- Experience with email campaign management tools (ESPs, CRMs)
- Previous experience managing a CRM/Email Marketing calendar
- Ability to code emails from scratch in HTML
- Previous experience using Braze
- Previous experience using email deliverability tools such as Return Path or 250OK
- Previous experience using Email on Acid
- Previous experience with SMS/MMS campaigns
- GDPR Knowledge
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- 401k with 4% company match
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally!
HOMER is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run trainings on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.