How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
The Manager, Email Marketing is responsible for building, executing and monitoring emails on behalf of LLS. Person will lead successful execution of emails on Salesforce Marketing Cloud and will adhere to email best practices to make sure that emails are received, opened and acted upon. You will manage all aspects of the email infrastructure. Extensive email marketing experience – particularly on Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a must.
You will work closely with a number of teams in order to execute email campaigns that deliver results and provides value. You must be hardworking, creative, team-oriented and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible for supporting the execution of emails across LLS on Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Support the Constituent Experience (marketing and communications) team as well as develop individual relationships with staff and partners to share results and best practices.
- Partner with LLS IT and Salesforce Marketing Cloud team to address issues and resolution.
- Build and send email HTML templates, using Salesforce Marketing Cloud; provide HTML support for Regions/Home Office for troubleshooting email design and layout
- Develop responsive email templates to be used for LLS emails
- Manage audience lists and segmentation for LLS emails
- Assist with regular reporting and ad hoc reports to management about email marketing metrics and trends. Develop dashboards as needed.
- Leverage A/B testing and segmentation to measure success of emails and optimize designs based on email performance
- Code cross-browser and mobile friendly (responsive) emails using CSS and HTML5.
- Maintain understanding and keep up with email industry trends, best practices and technologies to react to new insights and behavior shifts
- Work with Marketing, Campaign Business Development, Donor Advancement and new Regions to develop reports, dashboards and templates to increase productivity and access to information
- Work with IT to prioritize marketing cloud development
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Email Specialist Certification Required
- Proven knowledge of HTML, CSS, email and mobile design; knowledge of cross-behavior and email environments (Chrome, IE, Safari, Firefox)
- Extensive experience with email deployment and understanding of QA processes.
- Knowledge of email marketing industry current topics (Responsive design, Personalization, Email Service Providers (ESP), Send Time Optimization methods)
- Strong communication skills and customer service-oriented - always ready and willing to help troubleshoot email issues with internal and external audiences with no limited supervision
- Proficient with Excel
Required Technical Skills
- Competency in Office 365 (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- HTML, CSS, email and mobile design
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3-5 years
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.