Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of “America’s Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.”
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world’s most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster, a division of Paramount, is looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager to grow and enhance the email marketing program for our highly successful Pimsleur language learning business.
The Email Marketing Manager will come direct-to-consumer environment in which email drove acquisition growth. Previous experience with an online subscription business is a plus.
On a broader scale this role is responsible for executing the overarching CRM strategy. Specifically, the role will include managing and optimizing the email program through the use of industry best practices, creative, and precise use of data and analytics. The candidate will also be responsible for the campaign process end-to-end, including list management and segmentation, HTML coding of emails, regulatory compliance, tracking and deployment of emails using our current ESP (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget).
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with campaign management and analysis.
Other Responsibilities Will Include
- Being responsible for the end-to-end production and deployment of emails, push notifications, and in-app messages. (including planning, targeting, segmentation, set-up, HTML coding, rendering testing, deployment and campaign reporting)
- Managing existing trigger programs (welcome, upsells, reactivation) and building additional programs to support customer lifecycle management and new subscription business
- Executing initiatives that grow the Pimsleur database through lead generation and co-registration and engage, retain, and develop a relationship with consumers
- Identifying and targeting consumer segments to optimize KPIs
- Managing email calendar to ensure campaigns are tested, approved, and scheduled in a timely manner
- Overseeing QA and A/B testing for email creative, subject lines, date/time, list segments, etc.
- Tracking and reporting performance of all email campaigns and KPIs; working closely with VP of Marketing to analyze findings, identify trends and recommend a course of action
- Understanding email consumer behavior and provide recommendations to improve strategy
- Hands-on experience managing email campaigns and delivery through Salesforce Marketing Cloud (will consider other in-depth enterprise level ESP experience.)
- Strong understand and experience working with SQL and AMPscript.
- Ability to create responsive emails and templates to ensure optimal viewing on mobile and desktop devices
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and/or Sketch
- Solid understanding of web analytics tools (Google Analytics) and email metrics, benchmarks, and KPIs
- Self-starter with strong communication skills that can multi-task and flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in remote locations
- 5 years’ experience working on a direct response marketing team is strongly preferred.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist certification desirable
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Past content marketing experience desirable
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.