Job Category Salesforce.org Job Details
We are looking for true all-stars with a passion for email marketing to help us build out our world class marketing organization at Salesforce.org. The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing and reporting on customer and prospect facing email marketing communications covering a portfolio consisting of demand generation, events, and newsletters. This role will work closely with various stakeholders to drive campaign performance through innovative marketing strategy as well as email design and copy. The candidate will help define the company’s audience targeting strategy, testing methodology, and measurement of email marketing effectiveness. Additionally, the candidate will assist in the development of tools, processes, and frameworks to further best practices and deliver cutting edge email marketing programs. This position will live on the Marketing Operations team at Salsforce.Org reporting into the Director of Marketing Operations.
Responsibilities Include (but Are Not Limited To)
- Develop email communication strategy with various internal stakeholders to identify proper approach to increase customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and growth
- Manage email campaigns on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform, including setup, testing, deployment, and reporting
- Create automated, multi-touch, targeted customer lifecycle digital marketing programs
- Client management of internal stakeholders acting as an internal email consultant on email marketing best practices
- Find email marketing coverage gaps and design programs to address the gap with the goal of increasing leads or improving database quality
- Establish key metrics, create review cycle, and provide insights on customer intelligence
- Partner with creative and campaign teams to optimize content
- Partner closely with digital marketing teams and email COE at Salesforce.com to develop cross-channel communication strategy and leverage existing best practices
- Recommend and implement email best practices across the global organization
- 4-6 years experience in either Email Marketing or Database Marketing
- Fluency in HTML to author and debug outbound emails ahead of each send
- Experience working with email marketing and marketing automation platforms required
- 2-3 Years in email reporting including Quarterly Business Reviews
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud / ExactTarget and Marketing Cloud AMPScript familiarity is a plus but not required.
- Experience managing clients either internally or in an agency environment
- Highly efficient team player, with the ability to also work independently in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Proven track record of meeting campaign performance goals
- Ability to think critically and make optimization decisions based off of data analytics
- Demonstrated understanding of email marketing best practices
- Skilled in marketing testing, data analysis, and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present technical and non-technical audiences
- High energy with the ability to juggle multiple priorities under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment
- People management experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.