Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Develop and execute the Petco Love’s e-mail and text message (SMS) marketing and transactional email strategy and annual calendar.
Essential Job Functions
- The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Recommend and develop the organization’s e-mail and text message (SMS) marketing strategy and annual calendar.
- Lead, plan, and execute all external marketing and transactional e-mails, including development of creative briefs; segmentation of audiences (i.e., viewers and receivers of e-mail and text messages); and managing e-mail coding production, obtaining approvals, and troubleshooting as necessary to drive incremental value and continuous improvement of email KPI’s.
- Ensure all Petco Love’s communications continue to provide compelling content and storytelling to our audiences that align with non-profit mission as well as brand vision and strategy.
- Lead the design, creation, and implementation of new e-mail marketing and transactional e-mail initiatives, including personalized and dynamic triggered programs to support new digital tools.
- Develop documentation and processes related to e-mail and user data.
- Responsible for working with vendors, staff and technology teams to configure systems and manage data integrity across MarTech applications, and quickly address any issues.
- Work with vendors on e-mail issues, including white/black-listing and e-mail filters.
- Ensure that e-mail messages adhere to SPAM regulations.
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy for email marketing campaigns, including subject lines, dynamic content, creative layout, targeting, etc.
- Track campaign and message performance and data, prepare campaign reports to present to management and others, and identify and leverage trends and opportunities.
- Study and recommend e-mail and text message marketing practices, techniques and methods to maximize inbox placement, responsiveness, and accurate rendering across all major e-mail clients and devices.
- Analyze key user segments, identify opportunities within the data and work collaboratively with staff to develop new strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness of e-mail and text message marketing activities.
- Provide supervision to assigned staff: includes activities such as hiring, counseling, guiding, training and delivery of disciplinary processes as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes and through team and peers.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communications.
- Respect all codes and policies related to customer privacy and DMA ethics.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Nature of Supervision
General instruction is given on program and project objectives, and work is reviewed during development or implementation phase.
Planning and Problem Solving
Annual calendar planning. This position collaborates across the organization to ensure we are effectively marketing the correct message at the correct time to the correct audiences.
Supervises employee(s) engaged in configuring and maintaining customer database, developing queries, and using databases to distribute messages to donors and others.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years email marketing experience, including segmentation and testing experience.
- Hands on experience with CRM marketing operations, technology, and campaign platforms.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills. Experience with a web analytics platform such as Google Analytics.
- Proven track record of driving results in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Experience leading the design, creation and implementation of new e-mail marketing and transactional e-mail initiatives, including personalized and dynamic triggered programs to support new digital tools.
- Light knowledge of HTML, CSS and e-mail best practices.
- Experience building logic queries within relational database management system(s).
- Ability to analyze data and trends to inform strategy and drive business decisions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of email best practices including deliverability, personalization, subject lines, reporting, send time optimization, etc.
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Microsoft Office Outlook
- Microsoft Office Word
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.