Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a passionate, experienced, growth minded Email Marketing Manager. Our ideal candidate will be excited about growing and scaling our email strategy and plan. They will be responsible for managing our communications out of our Marketo instance, creating and implementing engagement and nurture streams/drips, crafting and optimizing our segmentation (personas/buyers), and maintaining Checkr’s compliance and communication integrity. You will thrive in a detail-oriented environment focused on driving lead generation, brand awareness, creating behavioral change, and driving engagement.
You will own our large volume email marketing calendar and craft strategic campaigns that speak to customers emotionally and rationally, while building and managing a path to email database growth. You will report to the Head of Integrated Campaigns and Programs and partner closely with Marketing, Sales, and Revenue Operations and will work alongside a team of passionate marketers who are focused on delivering an exceptional experience for prospects & customers, strong results for our business, in a fun & high-performing environment.
- Develop and manage ongoing optimization of automated email campaigns through comprehensive, measurable A/B and multivariate testing plans.
- Implement drip campaigns using segmentation strategy and buyer’s journey
- Apply email best practices and make suggestions to improve channel communications
- Monitor ongoing email performance, deliverability and overall account reputation to be sure that our emails are getting into the Inbox
- Conduct ongoing A/B tests of all aspects of the email strategy (subject lines, copy, frequency, time of day/week, etc.) and communicate the results of these tests through reporting
- Develop strategies and implementation plans for lifecycle, triggered, and enhanced personalization using segmentation and predictive modeling; and set goals to meet overall channel revenue and performance targets for email and sms
- Work with cross-functional teams to build out campaign tests with actionable outcomes
- Report on what works and what doesn’t using email metrics, Google Analytics and other tools
- Upgrade email templates and landing pages using graphics, personalization and other advanced features (dynamic content/imagery)
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience creating email campaigns and organizing customer segments in an email/CRM platform (Marketo Admin preferred)
- You have experience with lifecycle marketing tools: email/CRM (Marketo/SFDC) and email design (Litmus, EmailOnAcid)
- You are familiar with HTML/CSS (or Marketo email editor/Knak editor)
- You are analytically inclined, have outstanding organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of a B2B marketing funnel and how to align campaign strategies with customer journeys
- Experience creating sales prospecting drips, ABM/X, and email nurture series with automated triggered campaigns
- Ability to balance multiple projects, prioritize and perform effectively under pressure
- Deep understanding of email KPIs and how to report on performance
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipen
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $91,800-$108,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.