*This is a remote position, candidate from all US geographies will be considered.*
The Email Marketing Manager, Targeted Programs is responsible for strategy and execution of email campaigns that generate revenue, support event registration, and provide mission delivery content to all ACS constituents.
He/she serves as a marketing automation subject matter expert, providing guidance to internal teams, external business partners and other business units on creative assets, segmentation, and strategy direction for all email communication.
- Responsible for implementation of emails through self-serve email tools such as Informz and/or Marketing Cloud.
- Create, maintain and facilitate ongoing training of all users of email marketing tools across the enterprise.
- Stay current with continuing education and relevant certifications in marketing automation tools, serving as a resource to others as requirements change
- Support shared accountability with field staff in local email campaign initiatives.
- Manage email production processes, schedules, and overall ACS email communication calendar, including managing stakeholder expectations and communicating project plans. This includes for review of creative, set up, audience selects, launch details prior to self service launch.
- Support director with Strategic oversight of all customer facing email marketing across the Enterprise including documentation of processes and case studies
- Responsible for “air traffic” control. Lead planning conversations and manage calendar inputs for all self service activity
- Participates in work group meetings with key stakeholders across GHQ and Regions
- Support customer service escalations related to all email marketing activities
- Manage email and donor acquisition campaigns.
- Continuously identify methods to improve team processes in order to decrease operational expenses and improve internal team efficiencies.
- Support day-to-day Marketing Cloud implementation project for the email marketing team and assist in planning customer journeys and triggered messages.
- Work with various stakeholders to create, test and deploy email campaigns as needed to support email marketing campaign specialists.
- Stay current with digital marketing industry trends and email best practices and foster education and adoption throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing or related field.
- SMC Email Specialist certification required, can be completed post hire
- Expert understanding of campaign management and Email service provider tools, as well as a proficient understanding of Email performance metrics and benchmarks.
- Working knowledge of all areas of Marketing Communications including creative project management, public relations, etc.
- Advanced writing, editing, proofreading skills and presentation skills; high attention to detail.
- Track record of managing a multi-faceted marketing projects.
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, plus experience of using these skills in leading, motivating, and inspiring cross-functional teams and direct reports.
- Proven success integrating resources across complex functions and across multiple geographies.
- Project management experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and strategies used with customers/constituents.
- Ability to work with varying levels of internal constituents and develop communication for various internal levels.
- Ability to manage multiple ad hoc and long-term projects simultaneously.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE
- 4-6+ years of direct marketing campaign management, including Email/Digital Marketing experience; nonprofit experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience at the American Cancer Society preferred, specifically with the following:
- Knowledge of ACS customer data configuration and impact it has on business analytics and efficiency.
- Understanding of ACS data structure, ACS data use, ACS systems, ACS business processes and ACS users. Working knowledge of CRM Tools (Salesforce).
- Experience with multiple Email marketing platforms (full service and self-service).
- Microsoft Power BI, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other project management and presentation applications.
The compensation range established for this position begins at a minimum of $75,600 per year.* Actual starting pay may differ based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.