Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
About The Team
Drop is a distributed workplace which means none of us work out of an office. We're looking to expand beyond our San Francisco-based team to include great remote talent located anywhere in the US or Canada.
About The Role
Drop is looking for an energetic, brand-led marketing manager with the courage to think disruptively and execute on all things email. This person will act as a key player in the development and growth of Drop's email channel to build, convert, and retain our customer base.
The Marketing Manager, Email is a contract position at 40 hours per week and will report directly to the Director of Brand Marketing, working closely with the Creative team and other Marketing Managers.
Here is what you will do as part of the team:
- Manage end-to-end execution of email campaigns, including developing strategy, advising copy, building emails (Iterable), identifying and creating audiences, launching, analyzing, and optimizing.
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar and spelling
- Advise and write copy for promotional email
- Upgrade our email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features
- Guide content strategies
- Analyze email campaign data to determine what is working and not working; run A/B tests to vet champion/challenger hypotheses to deliver campaign performance improvement. Continuously work to improve email KPIs.
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices
Manage the Lifecycle Email program to optimize the consumer journey and identify opportunities for new email campaigns, specifically around the first 30 days
Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure high-impact results at scale.
- 2+ years' experience building and managing email campaigns; including building, testing, and sending campaigns. Experience in iterable is a plus.
- 2+ years' experience using and editing HTML
- Experience in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills and a proven track record to successfully inform and influence others
- Detail oriented, but able to work quickly under tight deadlines
Audiophile or Mechanical Keyboard enthusiast is a plus
Find and follow your passions on drop.com and the Drop app for iPhone and Android smartphones. You can also connect with @drop on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Funded by KPCB, First Round Capital, Mayfield 50, and August Capital.