The Email Marketing Manager, Editorial & Personalization will report to the Sr. Email Marketing Manager in developing and executing Neiman Marcus Group email initiatives and strategies, specifically related to editorial and brand email program as well as personalization. This role partners with multiple teams such as Analytics, Creative, Merchants, PR, Product, Data Science as well as our Email Service Provider and additional third-party vendors such as customer data platform and personalization engine. This role is very detail-oriented and requires adaptability in covering a variety of duties and tasks daily, while contributing to larger strategic initiatives.
The primary focus of this role will be developing the new and on-going strategies that will improve customer experience and omnichannel personalization through initiatives such as our editorial emails, loyalty programs, file health, and more. This involves working to ensure all campaigns deploy through partnership with internal teams as well as third party vendors and optimized for performance. Including focus on personalizing the customer experience within email service offerings to market the right content to the right customer in the right way.
This role will be critical to supporting ongoing efforts to grow our file health, implement innovative opportunities and best practices, and ensuring our capabilities are up best in class to provide valuable customer experiences within email channel.
- Manages editorial program ongoing strategy and content allocations
- Develop innovative approaches and execution for personalization initiatives to meet customer goals
- Support Sr. Manager with operations for strategic opportunities with our personalization platform and channel orchestration
- Identify and implement initiatives to drive growth and file health
- Implement and optimize email programs related to loyalty, in collaboration with customer loyalty team
- Oversee preparation, editing, and deployment of email campaign requests with assets and instructions to Email Service Provider
- Manage editorial and brand inspirational content and audience segmentation, optimizing for performance
- Support with onboarding and integration of new third party vendors and capabilities
- Partner and work closely with team members to ensure content personalization strategy aligns with customer journey strategies and business needs
- Communicate effectively with Product, Creative, Merchandising, Advertising, Customer Insight, and Email Service Provider or third-party vendor on email changes, scheduling, and asset delivery
- Provide insights and strategies to support ad hoc business needs through the email channel
- Manage reporting and ongoing measurement to provide insights on optimizing the content and customers’ personalized experience within the channel
- Lead and guide Assistant Manager(s) to drive executional excellence
- 3-4+ years’ experience in online marketing, email experience and mobile marketing
Previous Management Experience Preferred
- Exceptional analytical ability with proven track record of data-driven success
- Strong communication and organizational skills; extremely detail oriented
- Highly proficient in MS Excel & PowerPoint
- Self-starter, ability to work and lead in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- Occasional ability to work outside normal business hours due to nature E-Commerce business