Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, is currently seeking a Email Marketing Manager, Member Marketing, for our New York business unit. Medscape develops and hosts physician portals, live events, and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, as well as earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
The Email Marketing Manager is an integral member of the Medscape Member Marketing team and is primarily responsible for the fulfillment of traffic performance through newsletter and multi-channel platforms. Specifically, this position will be responsible for orchestrating, optimizing and overseeing marketing strategies to achieve newsletter traffic goals.
- Partner with Director of Member Marketing to build newsletter and multi-channel marketing strategies to drive traffic, engagement and sustain customer journeys.
- Implement and monitor marketing campaigns to meet organization’s traffic and revenue goals
- Adopt and utilize Exact Target marketing automation tool to manage and optimize campaign performance
- Collaborate with the product management team to project and track program performance as it relates to registration and traffic.
- Partner with Data Analytics to analyze user site behavior for persona development, to inform marketing communications and to drive actionable insights and segmentation
- Work closely with teams to coordinate and execute tactics within marketing plans for engaging users through newsletters and app multi-channel platforms. More specifically:
- Coordinate with the Newsletter team to develop timelines for marketing plans
- Deploy email and e-newsletter tactics
- Work with specialty leads to publish app push notifications
- Work with Data Analytics to track program performance – to optimize list targeting/segmentation to improve response rates and overall yield
- Provide ongoing traffic reporting and analysis to inform and support business decisions by:
- Analyzing response rate trends to inform deployment of e-mail and onsite tactics
- Conducting platform (Exact Target/Braze/Return Path) tracking analysis of newsletter, app, and site traffic to provide insight of user engagement behavior
- Creating and disseminating summary reports (eg, email and app performance reviews) to update stakeholders
- Share channel performance data with internal teams, identify new market trends and strategies to improve on email/app notification engagement
- 5+ years email marketing experience, preferably in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Exceptional marketing strategy and campaign management skills
- Experience with web analytics (such as Adobe Omniture)
- Must be proactive and detail-oriented
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of self-direction and ability to lead and own projects
- Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communications skills
- Proven success in working with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, operational, analytical, and project management skills
- Strong ability to represent and communicate data-driven analysis to various departments
- Advanced MS Excel, Powerpoint skills
- Education: BA/BS in marketing is preferred
- Knowledge of HTML & SQL is preferred
- Knowledge of the online media landscape is highly desirable (and as it relates to the Healthcare industry and direct-to-physician marketing is a plus)