Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy by providing the tools and support their need to easily understand and manage their finances. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we are unwavering in our commitment to support our hundreds of thousands active monthly businesses from 200+ countries around the world, and in our commitment to grow and develop our people. We are on a mission to change the lives of entrepreneurs across the globe.
About the team:
The Demand Generation team drives acquisition and retention at Wave by owning and managing paid media, SEO and engagement channels. Our guiding principles are: We have a bias to action; We are outcome driven; We embrace challenges; The customer is at the heart of what we do; We marry art and science through data and expertise.
Here's how you'l make an impact:
- You will transform email from a cost centre into a revenue generating channel
- You will deliver on Wave’s email marketing promise
- You will consistently set standards for email growth (strategy & execution)
- Build, run and manage email campaigns: funnel, digest, campaigns and transactional
- Manage an email calendar with deployment dates
- Primary contact for email campaigns/single message email requests
- Work with creative services team to facilitate design and copy development
- Work closely with PMM team on email journeys
- Make recommendations for email nurture campaigns with the LOBs
Data and Measurement:
- Complete ownership of email reporting
- Align email metrics to business metrics
- Produce weekly & monthly reporting and campaign tracking using Sheets, Slides & Looker
- Clarify, establish, track, monitor & report on email performance KPIs
- Monitor and maintain data quality of the database, working with the development team to ensure proper mapping of information (segmentation, suppression lists and behavioural data)
- Work collaboratively with the Growth and Data Science team on customer email journey enhancements and data integration
- Ensure marketing tracking is included in all product initiatives
- Liaise with email vendors, as required
- Responsible for creating, segmenting, editing, A/B testing, scheduling, analyzing and optimizing emails and email marketing campaigns
- Create, maintain and execute against a prioritized backlog of enhancements for continuous improvement
- Develop, create and execute email tests rooted in scientific testing methodology
- Excellent grasp of best practices for email marketing and design
- CAN-SPAM, GDPR, Email Deliverability (Promotions Tab, Spam etc.)
You'll thrive here if you have:
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience with personas and customer segmentation is considered an asset
- Excellent understanding of data to drive impactful actions (familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments)
- You have a proven ability to synthesize, interpret, analyze and report on data findings. You can present results, actions and recommendations based on insights from the data in creative, visual and tangible ways. You are strategic with proven critical thinking.
- Experience using digital analytics platforms for campaign reporting (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Looker)
- Understanding and interest in marketing practices across multiple channels (email, webinars, SEM/SEO, display, social, events, etc.)
- Exceptional writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills – must be able to work across functions and deliver on budget and on deadline
You'll get to work with this incredible team:
- Director, Demand Generation: Sarah Bugeja. Sarah is a unique marketer with expertise in execution and strategy for both digital and traditional media. She also brings a breadth of experience from working at companies such as Chefs Plate, Loblaw Digital, Indigo and Walmart. Sarah is a huge Raptors fan and will take on any opportunity to talk about tech, basketball and marketing. There might also be a husky pup in her near future.
- VP Marketing: Kerry Reynolds. With 20+ years of experience in integrated and performance marketing across local and international markets, Kerry blends experience with data-driven decision making to create strategic marketing plans that generate profitable growth and ROI. At Wave, Kerry has the crucial role of spearheading the marketing team to better understand and deeply connect with our customers in the most meaningful and impactful way.
- Recruitment Partner: Camila Louzada. In the last 10 years, Camila has recruited in 4 different continents, led Vancouver’s biggest tech recruitment group, ran her own consulting business helping tech companies grow, acted as a mentor and speaker at various conferences, associations and educational institutions. When she isn’t matchmaking amazing people to their dream jobs, Camila is either playing Brazilian music with her band, travelling the world with the Olympics, snuggling with her puppy, or playing dress up in Wonderland (well, mostly Disneyland) with the love of her life - her little girl named Alice.
- Check out every single member of Wave's team here.
Our unwavering commitment to you:
- We acknowledge you. We will review and respond to every application, whether you are selected for an interview or not - and we guarantee there’s a human on this side too.
- We are here for you. We will coach and support you through your recruitment process to help you prepare for every step of the way as best as we can - your success is our success.
- We respect your time. We will do our best to review applications quickly, run multiple team interviews within the same day, and follow up timely so that you’re not waiting long on us.
- We help you grow. We will gladly provide feedback if you ask us, because whether you join our team or not, we want this to be a super positive and valuable experience for you.
- We listen to you. We will also welcome your feedback, and we will take your suggestions to heart, so that we continuously provide the absolute best candidate experience we can.
At Wave, we have an unwavering commitment to growing our people personally and professionally, and we make a serious investment in each employee’s health and wellness. Through skills training, mentorship, leadership programs, monthly mindshares, and education allowances, we foster continuous learning and development. Our extensive health benefits plan combined with flex health funds, employee assistance plan, wellness classes, and extensive time off allow our employees to stay healthy and care for themselves and their families while doing their best work.