We are looking for a world-class Email Marketing Manager to play a pivotal role in the growth of our company. Reaching and on-boarding customers is crucial to our success and you’ll be helping to lay the foundations for how we do this at scale.
At Up Learn, we bring together the best teachers, the latest learning research, AI-powered adaptive technology and world-class exam prep material. The result? We guarantee ALL students an A*/A (or their money back) if they complete an Up Learn course, no matter their background or starting point. We’re on a mission to help every student fulfil their potential, and we’re succeeding.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve achieved a 97% A*/A success rate (with some students starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us). Our courses have helped over 20,000 students and 150+ top state, independent and international schools. We have awarded thousands of full scholarships to disadvantaged students and produced training programmes for blue-chips. We raised a £2.5m seed round in 2018 from exceptional investors and are now gearing up for our next phase of growth.
You can write exceptional copy but are also a strong analytical thinker, able to measure the impact of what you do accurately. You think in a structured way, and are able to build things with scale, standardisation and order in mind. You are comfortable with software and technology, and able to learn quickly and independently when necessary. You are passionate about changing the world, and want to work with some of the greatest minds in education.
What you’ll do in the first 6 months
Reporting to our Head of Marketing, you will
- Manage and optimise our B2C automated email and in-app messaging, taking students and parents on a journey that will convince them of the irresistible benefits of using Up Learn
- Develop, iterate and automate high-quality email campaigns that generate B2B and B2C leads for our sales team
- Build out our B2B communications funnel with input from our Head of Sales, understanding and solving the pain points of teachers, schools, and corporate clients
- Craft behaviour-based product messaging that helps students, parents and teachers get the most out of Up Learn (and optimise students’ path to an A*), with input from our Head of Customer Experience
- Deliver compelling landing pages and web pages using our CMS to maximise the impact of messaging campaigns
- Manage our content calendar, and run direct email marketing campaigns at pivotal moments throughout the year
- Build customer segments in our CRM in a structured, standardised and precise manner, ensuring that we are prepared for infinite scale
- Analyse campaign performance and test improvements
- Play a pivotal role in defining Up Learn’s brand voice
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience at a top-tier firm (blue-chip, prestigious startup, consultancy)
- A track record of building effective email campaigns, managing large email lists, and working with B2B and B2C customers
- A strong academic track record, with a degree from a top university (Russell Group, Ivy League or equivalent)
- Hands on experience with HTML and content management systems, and proficiency with marketing automation technology
- Strong project management skills, and an ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Thrive in a culture of feedback - giving and receiving it
- You care about our mission of solving education and improving students’ lives
- Competitive remuneration £25k - £30k
- A fun, friendly, high-calibre team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded VC-backed startup that's scaling
- Flexible working - Flexi-hours, and the ability to spend time working remotely/from home
- An excellent working environment in our spacious and bright private office in Old Street, with delicious coffee, selection of teas and unlimited snacks and drinks.
- Regular team outings like go-karting and skiing
- We offer 23 days of bookable paid holiday, plus UK bank holidays, plus unlimited ‘extra days’ - that’s a minimum of 31 days per year!
How to apply
If this sounds like it’s for you, we can’t wait to hear from you!
- Send us your CV & tell us in 150 words why you’d be great for this role.
- Inviting someone to join our core team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us ahead of applying at [email protected]