Unity is a specialist business bank with a difference. Unity supports SMEs and organisations that share its values in wanting to contribute to positive economic, social and environmental change. We operate throughout the UK, with offices in Birmingham and Manchester.
For over 37 years the bank has worked with organisations and SMEs that share its values and philosophy, offering a full range of banking services including current accounts, savings accounts, and loans.
Independent since December 2015, its purpose is to help create a better society, not just maximise profit. Unity’s focus on its customers, employees, and the communities it serves is what sets it apart and allows it to deliver on the bank’s ‘Double Bottom Line’ strategy through volunteering, education and fundraising.
As we look to grow our reach further, Unity, our people and our customers, are committed to helping to create a better society for all.
Unity is a Real Living Wage employer, a Fair Tax Mark business, a Women In Finance Charter signatory, member of the Banking Standards Board and currently holds the Investors in People Gold standard.
Our Customer First team does just that – we put the Customer First! We work closely with the businesses and organisations we serve, to understand what they want from Unity Trust Bank. We then design products and services to help them contribute to economic, community and social change
As Email Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating and developing new targeted campaigns and integrated journeys, with the primary focus on generating opportunities/leads for Unity Trust Bank. Supporting the rest of the marketing team with campaigns and journeys for generated content, commercial propositions and other types of marketing activity.
Specifically you will:
- Manage and monitor multiple lead nurture programs/scoring & customer segmentation, conducting regular reviews, and analysis to help ensure leads are progressed through the sales funnel.
- Identify, develop and execute (where possible) automated customer journeys, measuring drop off points, and proposing new initiatives to ensure effective engagement of customers and prospects alike
- Be responsible for developing campaign rules and logic, model requirements and data feeds – all into the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform, working to data protection and GDPR principles.
- Own lead generation targets.
- Use Pay Per Click budget to support lead generation activity, and explore other digital campaign opportunities.
- Own optimisation of the Unity Trust Bank website; ensuring optimal customer journey and customer experience.
- Lead marketing permissions activity, deliver change where needed to remain compliant as well as building Unity’s opportunity to communicate to more businesses.
- Marketing Automation Expert: using CRM insight to recommend and build automated customer engagement programmes, based on customer segmentation, behaviour and current product holding cross-sell programs focused on delivering sales, awareness and engagement
We are keen to hear from individuals from either an in-house or agency background with experience of working with corporate, financial or professional service organisations, the successful candidate will have experience of building effective automated CRM programmes using Salesforce which engage customers and employees.
We are looking for the following qualifications, knowledge and skills:
Marketing Qualification (E)
Business related degree (D)
- Have previously worked in either a marketing journey design or campaign management role
- Can demonstrate where a data led approach has influenced business decision making
- Data skills/experience with a strong commercial focus
- Passionate about marketing
- Detailed understanding of Marketing Automation/ CRM marketing and direct marketing techniques
- Detailed understanding of Martech (marketing technologies)
- Organised and methodical approach to work
(E = essential D= desirable)
The role will be based at our Birmingham Brindleyplace head office, with a balance between office and home-working subject to agreement and individual circumstances.