United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, equity, continuous improvement, results, and innovation. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Marketing Automation Manager (MAM) reports directly to the Marketing and Communications Director (MCD). The MAM is responsible for implementing and using technology solutions (Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot) to help broaden United Way of Salt Lake’s base of support, deepen engagement with current donors, advocates, and volunteers, and increase engagement through email channels. The MAM is responsible for organizing email campaigns specific to United Way of Salt Lake’s digital marketing and engagement goals and priorities. In addition, the MAM will work closely with other teams including Resource Development and Data Operations to develop analytics and track results of digital campaigns and strategies.
- Build, manage and execute email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot
- Analyze data to adapt/improve strategy and ROI
- Work in Marketing Cloud, Pardot, and Salesforce to segment and communicate with constituents
- Help develop and manage multi-channel digital marketing and fundraising campaigns
- Integrate email automation into email marketing strategies
- Manage monthly and year-long email calendars across organization
- Work with United Way Worldwide on cross-marketing digital engagement and advocacy campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of email marketing technologies and techniques
- Experience developing and managing a metrics driven, people-centered plan
- Ability to visualize, manipulate, and interpret data systems and reports
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively with cross-departmental teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to track and manage multiple campaigns/projects at a time
- Passion for creating compelling and personalized digital customer experiences
- 2-3 years of experience creating and managing email marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack a plus)
- Strong understanding of email marketing tools (Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Pardot a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field preferred
- Experience in non-profit a plus
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone, and via other devices; must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee must have the means and ability to travel; to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 30lbs.
The position is full-time, exempt with complete benefits. Salary to commensurate with experience.