Understood is dedicated to shaping the world for difference. Our programs focus on empowering people who learn and think differently, and those who support them, by offering customized, accessible resources and a compassionate community. To learn more about Understood and our programs, please visit: www.understood.org
Understood is looking for an experienced, goal-oriented email marketing professional to contribute to drive growth for the organization. We're looking for someone who is data-driven but creative, thrives in a fast paced environment, and has successfully assisted in the execution of complex lifecycle email campaigns.
You will work to support the U.org email marketing plan with responsibility for driving email growth and will work regularly with the Marketing, Operations and Product teams. This role reports to the Senior Email Marketing Manager.
- Execute email marketing campaigns and monitor results
- Work with creative team in developing effective messaging strategies and creating compelling emails
- QA all emails, ensuring all links, images, subject lines, and list segments are accurate and working properly
- Monitor and report key metrics including email delivery, unsubscribe rate, email metrics, and business metrics
- 3+ years experience with email marketing in a startup or digitally native business environment
- 1+ years experience with Mailchimp is preferable
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Growth mindset, with a focus on using continuous testing to optimize acquisition
- Well organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and adapt plans, as needed
- HTML/CSS proficiency is a plus
- Strong analytical, data-driven decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Understood encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including those whose life experiences may include the challenge of access due to a disability, to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
Understood is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on learning and thinking differences, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues, and more, please visit www.understood.org.