Discover the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our E-commerce associates sit at the cutting edge of our efforts to reimagine the future of retail. Through a full suite of new and emerging technologies, this team is creating an enhanced buying experience for guests who crave simplicity, choice, personal insights and the joy of discovery. With greater interactivity. Inspired applications of big data, AI and UI/UX. And creative that persuades and delights. All of this, with the opportunity to experience smart ideas come to life.
At Ulta Beauty, we’re forever imagining. Forever striving. Forever investing in next-gen—with deep and rich opportunities for ongoing learning, growth and advancement. We encourage you to take control of your career and set your own ceiling. For curious and big-picture thinkers who can flex to the need and who want to stretch themselves through courage and conviction, Ulta Beauty provides an environment perfectly suited to your ambitions. Let’s build brilliant together.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
This role will be responsible for leading the Email Marketing program and strategies at Ulta Beauty with a focus on driving omnichannel traffic, sales, and profitability. Manage, supervise, and guide the Email Marketing associates, maintaining the marketing channels to optimize performance, and develop the careers of the team. Collaboration across the organization is critical to the success of this role and this role will work closely with the Creative, CRM, Loyalty, Merchandising and Operations teams to build relationships and improve processes.
The Email Manager will also be responsible for managing vendor relationships, contract negotiations, financials, and representing the marketing channel for large cross-functional projects. This individual will be responsible for leading the marketing technology roadmap for the channel. They will work to ensure that all current technology is being maximized along with staying abreast of upcoming trends and new technology capabilities. Manages team of 5 associates.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing to develop the strategic vision of the Email Marketing program to continue Ulta Beauty’s leadership position within the beauty industry
- Manage and prioritize the workload of the email team to ensure execution of merchandise, marketing, loyalty and branding campaigns
- Manage day to day email campaign development and approval, quality testing, execution, and reporting
- Utilize web reporting and analytics tools, to capture and report results and relevant insights.
- Partner with CRM and Loyalty teams to lead strategic direction towards a more personalized experience for each member to drive repeat sales and customer loyalty; drive an audience fist mentality throughout the organization
- Own the P&L for the Email channel
- Manage vendor relationships and contract negotiations in partnership with Procurement team
- Lead the roadmap for the channel to ensure the team is leveraging and innovating with the latest marketing technology available
- Develop and document processes, including how all email stakeholders work together to optimize workflows
- Continually leverage customer insights to further improve email acquisition, segmentation, personalization, re-engagement, and automation tactics
- Recommend new ideas and innovations, including technical functionality available via vendor, to grow and improve the email channel.
- Collaborate with Retail Marketing to unite online and offline initiatives.
- Position is a hybrid role and not fully remote.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with in emphasis in marketing/business
- 4-6 years of relevant online or marketing experience, including 3+ years of experience in a lead email marketing role, including promotional, trigger and brand marketing, preferably for a multichannel retail brand
- Must be able to easily navigate and drive consensus through influence in a highly matrixed environment while building cross functional relationships (both internal and external)
- Experience leading and growing a strategic email program with a high level of accuracy in project deployment, tracking email schedules, and success metrics
- Must be able to effectively lead multiple programs and competing priorities and deliver results while leading future strategy
- Strong communicator who can liaise across departments in a professional manner
- Strong presentation skills and an aptitude for synthesizing complex material so that it is clear, meaningful, and actionable to a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent account management, client service and vendor management skills
- Superior project management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to work closely with technical (software development) teams
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Solid data analysis skills and ability to identify actionable insights from large data sets
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.