About The Role:
You'll be an integral part of the Marketing Owned Channels team, managing a critical function of the marketing organization through email marketing production. You will ensure the executional success of all global campaigns by tracking deliverables, executing campaigns using Udemy’s internal and external tools, and leading quality control efforts. You will work directly with the cross-functional teams to grow and expand Udemy’s customer base. The work you complete will have a direct impact towards the team’s pursuit of improving the customer journey and impacting long-term value for students and instructors.
You are extremely organized, comfortable managing timelines and deliverables for multiple projects at a time, identifying potential timeline or bandwidth issues upfront. You thrive in execution-driven roles and are capable of identifying operational improvements or processes to increase efficiency. You are technically-savvy, capable of learning how to use email marketing tools, becoming an expert.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build dynamic HTML emails, modules and templates using Responsys ESP & Braze
- QA email programs and campaigns to ensure error-free deploymentBuild and optimize lifecycle, promotions, and trigger-based programs
- Create email campaigns that are responsive to mobile and desktop platforms
- Utilize Litmus to proof email campaigns to ensure correct design and device rendering
- Collaborate with team to coordinate email coverage, allocate work and bandwidth
- Monitor email programs to ensure deliverability to global customer base
- Troubleshoot issues or errors that may arise pre or post launch
- Work closely with the Brand team to deliver creative vision (font, color, layout, etc)
- Work with Product, Engineering, Brand, and Data Science to assist in improving email marketing sophistication through automation and personalization
- Knowledge of email best practices, A/B testing, and CAN-SPAM laws, and bring new and innovative ideas to the team
We’re Excited About You Because You Have
- 4-5+ years of technical email marketing or technical marketing experience
- Experience using Responsys, Braze and/or other Email Service Providers (ESPs)
- Familiarity with email marketing concepts, deployment and implementation
- Experience using email optimization tools to proof email templates for device rendering
- Experience with Dark Mode template modification as per creative designs
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues, code solutions and email best practices
- A strong disposition for data-driven decision making; ability to write SQL queries (or desire to learn)
- A drive to improve processes and increase operational efficiencies
- A passion for learning, developing and testing innovative email personalization techniques and formats
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work in a fast paced environmentHighly organized
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is the world’s largest online learning destination that helps students, businesses, and governments gain the skills they need to compete in today’s economy. Millions of students are mastering new skills from 65,000 instructors teaching over 183,000 online courses in topics from programming and data science to leadership and team building . For companies, Udemy Business offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to more than 11,000 courses in our Udemy Business catalog, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Udemy Business is designed to upskill workers and prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow.
Udemy maintains hubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, Austin, Boston, Melbourne, Sao Paulo, Dublin, New Delhi, Ankara, Istanbul and Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Udemy investors include Insight Partners, Prosus (Naspers Ventures), Norwest Venture Partners, and Stripes.
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.