We are looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager to define and deliver best in class digital campaign management for Towergate Insurance. The successful post-holder will be responsible for email marketing, email strategy, marketing automation and contact database management whilst working closely with the wider digital marketing team across projects where email plays a vital role. This is a key role in our marketing team, bringing to life Towergate’s brand and propositions to our customers and stakeholders.
We are looking for an experienced, talented, dynamic individual, with a proven track record in driving successful email marketing campaigns within a corporate environment. You will be able to blend expert email creation with an analytical mind, technical skills and insight into best in class customer contact strategies.
The Email Marketing Manager will act as the marketing lead for establishing the right email frameworks and setting the direction for marketing colleagues to follow. You will work closely with colleagues across paid search, content, social and web development and with local marketing teams in our business units across the UK.
On a daily basis, the Email Marketing Manager will work with the wider marketing teams and business owners to plan, create, and execute email campaigns to drive sales, lead generation, and engagement amongst their audiences. In addition to supporting business units with production and the right contact strategies you will also be responsible for managing the segmentation of data for effective email targeting and delivery.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Maintaining our email marketing framework and database within Acoustic Campaign (Formerly known as IBM Watson Campaign Automation and previously Silverpop) and managing automated campaigns and one-off messages.
- Managing the relationship with account leads and consultants within Acoustic
- Lead and develop Towergate Insurance’s email marketing strategy
- Review and improve existing email templates working with UX and Web Development teams
- Ensure our email processes remain GDPR compliant
- Maintain high deliverability scores
- Ensuring a consistent tone of voice and style guide for all emails
- Analysis of current email marketing campaigns and making recommendations for improvement
- Maintaining and developing robust customer contact strategies and appropriate trigger points in customer lifecycles
- Carrying out segmentation of data
- Organising divisional/product specific newsletters
- A/B and multivariate testing on email campaigns
- Reporting on email campaigns to influence improvements and inform stakeholders of performance.
- Training and providing key learnings and feedback to colleagues across our business
- Supporting our Feefo and Trustpilot customer feedback sends and working closely with our NPS/Voice of the Customer team.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 plus years’ experience in email marketing and digital acquisition
- Financial services experience preferable but not essential
- Super user of Acoustic Campaign & other email marketing platforms
- HTML and other coding language knowledge preferred
- Clear understanding of Google Analytics and other digital marketing platforms such as Hotjar, Alteryx, Feefo & Trustpilot
- Ideally degree level in a marketing, business or communications related discipline.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, demonstrating passion around finding the best way deliver digital marketing campaigns
- Strong networking, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to articulate your work clearly to a wide selection of stakeholders
- Commercially aware and able to work to and report on budgets
- Excellent planning and implementation skills
- Skilled at working in a heavily networked environment across internal/external agency environments
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to manage complex and varied workload
- Approachable manner and excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach - able to learn and develop best practice ways of working
- Relentlessly results orientated
- Tenacious and resilient, able to cope with a varied workload and competing demands on time.
If you can demonstrate the skills, qualities, and a solid track record of experience in this space we look forward to receiving your application.
With 80 local offices, over 2000 team members and over 100,000 clients, Towergate Insurance Brokers has the largest footprint and biggest salesforce in the UK. We’re community brokers and risk experts backed by the scale and spirit of the UK’s largest independent broker. We’ve got big ambitions for the future - join us for the journey and make your mark on the local community.