We're Tovala, a food-tech company completely reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and food, we give our customers a way to enjoy really good, good-for-you meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. We've amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following in just a few years, radically changing the day-to-day lives of people across the country and successfully creating a new model for the food industry. We're looking for great people to join our team of hard-working, food-loving nerds.
Tovala is seeking an Email Marketing Manager to join our CRM and retention team. You will help create long-term relationships with our customers by managing all of the communications at the core of our menu and brand experience across email, SMS and push. This includes responsibility for the messaging that impacts all of our customers on the same cadence such as menu, product, and special campaign announcements. Within this core messaging, you will work with cross-functional partners to infuse personalized content and messaging that strengthens our customers’ emotional connection with Tovala. You will be mostly hands-on with the ability to flex and think strategically.
How you'll spend your time at Tovala
- Manage the calendar, workflows, and creative deliverables driving all of our core menu, product, and brand messages across email, SMS, and push.
- Collaborate closely with our brand, design, PR, product, operations, and menu teams to maintain a smooth process for all recurring and ad hoc communications.
- Foster open communication to optimize and build new operational processes across stakeholders.
- Flawlessly execute core communications, ensuring a delightful customer experience with our Product.
- Implement personalization strategies within these core communications to speak directly to each customer’s unique relationship with Tovala by understanding and informing Tovala’s robust customer profile.
- Strengthen the emotional connection that our customer has with us by recommending and testing additional content that can be integrated within our core communications.
- Monitor performance metrics, including customer engagement, order behavior, new product trial, referrals, reviews to see trends and recommend opportunities to provide more value to our customers.
- Create hypotheses, maintain a testing calendar and execute a thorough testing strategy that drives customer engagement and retention.
- Report out on testing and overall performance so that other teams and stakeholders can learn from and understand the impact of these channels on our customer’s relationship with Tovala.
- Stay closely attuned to key company success metrics and performance targets.
- Stay abreast of and ensure we utilize best practices across the email, SMS and CRM landscape.
- You are a data obsessed marketer with a passion for storytelling.
- You have a test & learn mindset, with the ability to form hypotheses, execute tests, measure results and interpret quantitative and qualitative data.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, can adapt quickly to change, and tackle ambiguity and unfamiliar tasks with a positive attitude and resourcefulness.
- You are a highly collaborative, team player with low ego and high eagerness to take on new challenges in a growing business.
- You have a proven track record of working with retention and CRM strategies that increase consumer value.
- You have strong organizational and project management skills.
- You are able to operate at both a strategic and executional level; meaning you can ideate and directly execute.
- You love food, whether that means cooking it, eating it, frequently pressing your nose against deli windows, or lusting after soft-serve on Instagram. All fair game.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferentially in marketing or an analytical field.
- 4+ years of work experience specific to direct to consumer marketing.
- 3+ years of experience working with enterprise-level CRM platforms; Iterable a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS for email marketing
- Strong analytical skills. Knowledge of Looker and/or SQL is a plus.
- Strong project management skills. Experience with Asana a plus.
- Experience working with direct to consumer companies is strongly preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Tovala uses market data, geography, and placement of internal employees to determine appropriate salary. Additionally, we offer all employees real ownership in the company in the form of a competitive equity package.
- Unlimited paid time off (with a minimum of 15 days off you HAVE to take)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage we really invest in
- 401k with match
- Free Tovala Smart Oven and discounted Tovala meals
- Paid holidays and our winter holiday office shutdown where the offices and facilities close for a week around Christmas and New Years
- Various other perks - recognition programs, continued learning stipend, casual dress code, in-office coffee, snacks and drinks, and Tovala swag