We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team and work at our Bethesda, MD headquarters. You will help execute our digital vision, which is focused on the delivery of relevant, content-rich emails and behaviorally targeted lifecycle marketing. . You will be also responsible for the development, testing, proofreading and deployment of email campaigns. You will lead A/B Testing strategies, create marketing automations and perform quality assurance checks. You will develop and gather content elements from many departments in the company, making this position a great opportunity to learn many aspects of the business while putting your email marketing skills to work. You will report to the Director of Email Marketing.
- Lead the email production team to support Total Wine's monthly promotional calendar
- Manage Total Wine's Email Lifecycle and Personalization Marketing strategy, building out data flows and email automations.
- Build promotional emails according to specifications and work with the promotions, creative and strategy teams
- Develop Mobile Push Strategy and Execution
- Maintain and follow production schedules to ensure campaigns are produced and delivered on time
- Perform quality assurance, link checks, and track approvals through the approval process, making any corrections
- Hand-code HTML Emails, List Segmentation and set up campaign sends
- Setup business rules and scripting language in Exact Target to ensure email versions are dynamically constructed
You will come with
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, computer science, communications or a relevant field.
- 8 + years Marketing experience required with progressive responsibility in building, coding, optimizing and deploying email campaigns
- Experience troubleshooting issues with an email service provider (ESP) Proficiency in email coding – HTML, CSS, AMPScript or similar dynamic scripting language, and SQL
- Experience with email marketing best practices including targeting and A/B testing, deliverability/inboxing, sender score/reputation, CAN-SPAM regulations and metrics
- Expert knowledge of an enterprise level ESP similar to Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Ability to problem-solve and improve processes
- Fluency in Excel (can perform complex functions), PowerPoint and Word
- Experience completing high-volume email campaigns with a high-degree of accuracy
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget strongly preferred
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.