he Email and CRM Marketing Manager will primarily be responsible for driving direct to consumer marketing success using analytics to identify, optimize and accelerate opportunities within our customer database. This role is responsible for all CRM initiatives including email marketing, SMS messaging, loyalty program management, direct mail campaigns, and identifying novel ways to build customer relationships. This person must develop a deep understanding of our customer database and business objectives to translate the knowledge into clear actionable steps that will increase customer engagement. This role provides direction and offers innovative ideas that drive success metrics and optimizes all efforts for customer retention and prospect activation. Our ideal candidate is highly analytical, organized, and possess strong written communication skills.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the email strategy, execution, reporting and responsibility for list and revenue growth.
- Manage the email service provider relationship and perform as the subject matter expert on the email channel for the company.
- Manage the planning process for all email, SMS and direct mail campaigns.
- Lead the development and optimization of the loyalty program including all perks and promotions to drive repeat purchase behavior and increase the awareness of Things Remembered’s products and offerings across a growing customer database.
- Oversee the development of our messaging and content strategy for Loyalty.
- Improve customer engagement through a tailored email, SMS and loyalty experience.
- Develop and implement targeted campaigns for prospects and post-purchase customer journeys with distinct email responses that are based on customer behavior.
- Create list segmentation strategies to cross-sell products, nurture new prospects into the funnel and increase lifetime customer value.
- Collect and share email performance metrics with creative team to ensure email marketing campaigns are targeted and relevant to the database or specific segment.
- Collaborate with creative team to develop beautiful, responsive emails and ensure they are properly coded, tested and scheduled with our email service provider.
- Create and manage subject line and email body testing strategies.
- Manage and cultivate the SMS program.
- Execute weekly, monthly and ad hoc analysis using multiple data sources including the email database and Google Analytics.
- Interpret and clearly communicate results of campaign performance and channel health.
- Continuously review active campaigns with our marketing partners for areas of improvement and new opportunities, working with these vendors to uncover key insights.
- Coordinate analytics efforts between various stakeholders within the Marketing department, Product Merchandising, Creative Services, Ecommerce and Store Operations.
- Assist in the budgeting process for Email, Loyalty and Direct Mail marketing.
- Assist in the development of our brand marketing strategy, including the maintenance of the full Direct-to-Consumer Marketing Calendar.
- Project manage all loyalty and direct to consumer marketing projects, across all departments, to meet company goals, on time, on budget and on brand.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to develop collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and a high degree of initiative
- Comfortable adapting quickly to support the needs of the business as focuses shift
- Effective management of multiple priorities
- Strong organization and follow through skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop business case for testing and strategy with costs and benefits to justify the approach
- Ability to work independently, proactively contributing to the team’s success
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage projects and see them through to completion
- Solid design aesthetic and copywriting skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or similar discipline
- 4+ years in CRM database management, including email marketing, loyalty marketing and direct to consumer marketing
- Expert knowledge in triggered email series, list building & segmentation
- Expert knowledge of deliverability and domain IP best practices
- Experience with Klaviyo or similar ESP
- Experience working with SMS programs
- E-commerce / Retail / consumer product marketing experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Normal; no adverse or hazardous conditions