The Washington Football team are looking for a “Manager – Email Marketing” to join its team and to lead its email marketing initiatives. This person will be responsible for defining and executing all aspects of the organization’s email marketing including email governance, calendars, and production/delivery for all email streams (ticketing, sponsorship, newsletters, etc). The person in this role will partner closely with peers inside of Marketing to design and develop an end-to-end email marketing strategy to support cross-functional campaigns and execute them by leveraging industry best practices.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience delivering successful email marketing programs, with strong writing/copy editing skills, a passion for project management and organization, and expert-level Oracle Eloqua skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage each element of email and marketing automation campaigns including creative briefing, setup, targeting, testing, deployment, and data monitoring
- Analyze all aspects of email’s performance metrics, providing recommendations to improve the effectiveness of campaigns and adjusting the email marketing plan as required
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure strategic priorities are identified and incorporated into email/nurture plans
- Build, test and analyze new customer segments
- Help coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of email database
- Work in concert with Business Intelligence to oversee data hygiene as it relates to the email database
- Provide strategic direction based upon email performance and marketing objectives
- Serve as a go-to resource for stakeholders in all things email
- Acts as a subject matter expert in email marketing; Coaching others and sharing best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field required
- 3-5 years of email marketing experience; working knowledge of HTML and CSS required
- Experience with Oracle Elqoua marketing automation solutions required
- Database management and list creation experience required
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, and data privacy
- Sound qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment
Director, Digital Marketing
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.