The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you’re in the right place.
The Dyrt is looking for a technical Email Marketing Manager to own email marketing and automation for the largest camping community in the world.
Do you love maintaining clean CRM lists and optimizing reporting protocols? Do you feel comfortable creating complex workflows that customize content based on a user’s lifecycle- and location-based data? Are you constantly finding new ways to improve eventing structure to improve messaging efficacy?
If you answered yes, we’d love to hear from you.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning CRM user profile fields structure and evolution
- Triggered messages based on existing events
- Blast messaging that incorporates elements from user profile fields
- Maintenance of assets on dedicated email server
- Email proofing in multiple clients
- Monitoring postmaster sender score health and improving when necessary
- Reporting on campaign performance and identification of new opportunities
- Maintaining naming conventions
- Maintaining list segmentation hygiene
- HTML templating
- Health-of-file definition and adjustments for unresponsive, disengaged, engaged, and most engaged users
Your skills include:
- Ability to identify segmentation opportunities for increased performance
- Eagerness to execute the company’s communications strategy
- Ability to synthesize channel efficiencies into concrete suggestions for the company’s communications strategy
- Comfortable with data feeds and accessing API endpoints, or willing to learn
- Communication with design and copy to ensure we are working within guidelines of our system
- Reporting to copy and design for email send performance and improvements
- Robust tracking and rapid iteration for always-on messaging
- Comfort exploring how email works with push and in-app messaging
- Ability to set up both simple and complex event-based or time-based multi-step workflows
- Understanding of how to pair small adjustments to segmentation with merge fields for maximum engagement
- Collaborating with the campaign marketing, copy, and design teams to produce content
- Knowing how to efficiently go that one extra step to take your work from good to great
- Minimum 4+ years of lifecycle, CRM, or marketing automation experience, preferably in the context of a mobile app, travel, or consumer subscription
- Experience owning complex messaging workflows or sequences
- Experience working with a content team to execute ambitious messaging strategies
The Dyrt is built by campers, for campers—whether you’re new to camping or have been camping your whole life.
We encourage everyone to spend more time outside, including employees. We offer competitive market-rate salaries, a generous vacation plan, and we even pay employee bonuses for using The Dyrt in the wild.
This is a full-time remote position. Employees are expected to have high-speed internet and a professional working environment sufficient for clear video conferencing during regular working hours. Many of our employees work virtually from Portland, OR but we’re flexible on location and encourage all to explore. Our founders even work from their van.
The Dyrt is an equal opportunity workplace. We are especially proud to have a female founder and a higher percentage of female employees than the national average for tech companies. We believe that the outdoors are for everyone, and are committed to building an inclusive platform and community that encourages, supports, and celebrates all people interested in camping.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt was started in Portland, OR, is venture-backed, and has 40-50 employees working virtually around the U.S.