takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Email Marketing Manager to join our team in Cape Town. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, curation and maintenance of Takealot’s promotional email and CRM briefs and content.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the CRM Specialist
Your responsibilities will include:
- Email Marketing Strategy - Develop & Implement overall email strategy, annual goals, KPIs, reporting needs, and working cross-functionally across stakeholders. Together with the broader Email and CRM team, you will be responsible for proactively researching and evaluating existing email and digital marketing solutions to assist with the Email Marketing Strategy.
- Email Performance Daily, weekly & monthly operational and management reporting on all email types. Meeting and exceeding daily, weekly and monthly targets
- Reporting & Monitoring all email types to analyse results, deep-dive performance problems, recommending solutions, implementing solutions, and ultimately monitoring problems to correction.
- Manage and grow the in-house Email Marketing team. Coordinate marketing team and work closely with and support the Retail Marketing and other Marketing Managers to achieve overall growth KPIs.
- Email Send Schedule - In collaboration with the broader Marketing and Retail teams, you will be responsible for designing the weekly email send schedule to meet the required targets and Retail priorities.
- Email Campaigns - You will be responsible for conceptualising, briefing and executing Takealot’s commercial Email and CRM campaigns. This requires all emails to be accurately and timeously briefed, designed, approved and deployed. Manage your department’s input into the marketing calendar, driving alignment across the marketing team to ensure that all functions address and deliver on the Merchant,Brand, CRM and promotional priority requests. This may require work outside of standard business hours and will be managed accordingly.
- Audience Segmentation & Database Management - You will be responsible for selecting and segmenting Email audiences to achieve optimal campaign results. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the subscriber database (incl. unsubscribe and preference change requests)
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Capability to present ideas succinctly in writing and verbally
- A grounding in Marketing and Communication principles
- Highly organised and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Creatively minded with an ability to craft numerous campaigns across multiple departments
- Solutions-oriented with a proactive and can-do attitude
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for using data to inform marketing decisions
- A strong working knowledge of Google sheets and/or Microsoft Excel
- A passion for using technological solutions to improve performance
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience with enterprise level email automation tools (Salesforce & Litmus) advantageous
- Experience in team management
- SQL Skills (advantageous)
- Bilingual (advantageous)
- A minimum of 3-5 years working in Email Marketing and/or related Digital Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Marketing or related field
- Experience in e-commerce environment (advantageous)
- Experience with managing a team
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!