Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”. To abide by social distancing guidelines and local regulations, our current hiring process may include telephone or video call interviews and onboarding will be provided virtually when possible, or in-person in accordance with physical distancing guidelines.
With our own award-winning airline, the largest resort chain across the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America with over 30 properties, a destination management company and retail businesses, Sunwing is uniquely positioned to be with customers throughout their entire vacation journey.
Click here to learn more about our Safe with Sunwing commitment and how Sunwing is keeping its employees and customers safe.
As the Email Marketing Manager, you will bring customers and prospects to the product by optimization through automation. Driving personalization to an environment that utilizes technology and data to target and deliver relevant digital messaging at all points across the customer Lifecyle. You will oversee all stages of the lifecycle, including ideation, design, build, launch, growth, enhancement. You will also oversee the technical implementation and troubleshooting of database marketing efforts, allowing to scale lead generation, customer acquisition and retention initiatives. This role is a mix of technical expertise and business savvy, with a critical focus on solving customer needs, monitoring market trends and providing insights.
You will be reporting to the Director, CRM and this role is based out of our head office in Toronto, Ontario, although we are currently working from home!
What You’ll Do
- Provide domain expertise and be the point person for email and marketing automation platform:
- Selligent Marketing Cloud, Message Studio, Fresh Relevance, Litmus, Sendgrid
- Oversee set-up, execution, troubleshooting and overall performance of all pre-post purchase and transactional and sales messaging programs
- Manage technology platform, users, permissions, set up and relationships with vendors
- Campaign set up for transactional and marketing emails
- Data integration and define business rules and logic within systems
- Site and email personalization and recommendation strategy and set up
- Serve as internal expert relative to compliance & best practices, list clean-up and maintaining a clean database, prospect and subscriber segmentation, improving email deliverability, data integrity, etc
- Manage and own the digital data that enter CRM systems and ESPs and data subscription for emails in multiple CRM and email platforms
- Design and execute segmentation and content personalization strategy
- Provide support for database growth strategies
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as marketing, sales, support, IT to ensure alignment on business needs and requirements and provide advocacy.
- Manage eCRM lifecycle, and drives its success through product optimization and timely decision making
- Coach and train direct reports with: campaign set up within ESP, data management in CRM systems.
- Measures, monitors and manages the performance of the campaigns and provide recommendations for actions
- Develop and execute actionable weekly, monthly reports to the business, ensuring reporting data is available across various platforms
- Track data in Google Analytics and email platforms
What You’ll Need
- University or College degree in a similar or related industry
- 5 years experience managing Email Marketing, and managing a team
- Strong experience with various email and marketing automation platforms
- Proficient in HTML/ CSS, email clients, testing tools
- BI tool knowledge (SAP Business Objects)
- Experience working with 3rd party REST APIs and JSON data types
- Problem solver who is experienced in building solutions to fix inefficient and broken processes and system
- Stay current with email marketing, and audience development and engagement best practices, strategies and standard
- Can be hands-on and stepping back to think holistically about how to best engage with our users throughout the customer lifecycle
- Excellent communication, analytical and time management skills
What You’ll Be A Part Of
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Grow your career with challenging and rewarding work that makes a difference
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- Work with a fun, passionate, travel-loving team!
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing, diversity is important to us. Click here to learn about how Diversity and Inclusion has always been, and continues to be, a top priority for us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email [email protected] or call 416 859 2973.