As an Email Marketing Manager at Skillshare, you’ll be responsible for developing strategy and executing our most vital user communications while working cross-functionally to deliver insights to our product, content and data teams. You will report to the Retention Marketing Lead and work alongside the Lifecycle Marketing Manager to create and deliver campaigns that engage Skillshare’s diverse creative community. You’ll be at the forefront of developing user segmentation and targeted campaign strategies that will launch our global expansion. The opportunity for direct impact on our user base and overall business is immense -- and we’re excited to welcome an insightful and analytical member to help lead the charge.
What you’ll do day to day:
- Manage the end-to-end production process for our email program from copywriting and content selection, to coding and execution
- Build and optimize segmentation and email content personalization strategies by leveraging user behavior, activity data, and demographics
- Gather campaign reporting (e.g. open rates, click rates, engagement rates, heat mapping) and share relevant insights with key stakeholders
- Conduct and ideate ongoing A/B tests to improve overall email performance, key engagement, subscription metrics
- Work alongside email marketing leads to project manage across content, creative, and marketing to meet fast-paced schedules while ensuring quality
- Manage QA process and routing to appropriate approvers
- Maintain communications calendar and accurate project details for campaigns in Airtable
- Assist with list management of subscriber data, including opt-out management and updating user attributes
Why we’re excited about you:
- You’re excited about owning and executing all parts of the email marketing process
- You have an extensive understanding of email campaign best practices and a deep interest in user insights and how they can improve product performance
- You have an analytical mind and desire to understand and communicate trends cross-functional stakeholders
- You’re excited to develop automation and robust testing to discover informative user insights and expand the product landscape
- You’re highly organized and have great attention to detail with every communication touchpoint
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and are skilled at communicating with people across different disciplines
- You’re highly proficient with HTML and CSS
- You have experience working with ESPs and marketing automation platforms (i.e. Braze, Iterable, Marketo, etc.)
- Bonus: You're familiar with business intelligence tools such as Chartio, Looker, etc.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll have a direct impact on our user engagement, analyzing and communicating trends to improve our product and expand our international reach.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.