JOB TITLE: EMAIL MARKETING MANAGER
REPORTS TO: SENIOR CRM MANAGER
WHO WE ARE AND WHY US
Henry J Ryman, founder of Ryman, opened his first store in London at Great Portland Street in 1893, and there is still a store there today.
Ryman is part of Theo Paphitis Retail Group, which comprises Ryman, Robert Dyas, Boux Avenue and the London Graphic Centre.
The Ryman brand values are quality, value, reliability and service. These have been developed and nurtured for over 100 years making Ryman the acknowledged leader in its field.
Over the years, we have grown, developed and extended our offering to provide the very best in stationery, office supplies, and technology and office furniture. With over 220 stores and our online shop, our business accounts and special discounts for students, our unrivalled product knowledge, range and service, and our commitment to giving you the very best products, we are still just as passionate about stationery as Henry was on that very first day.
We are a people oriented Company which thrives on supporting its colleagues by providing them with the knowledge, tools, policies and procedures they need to excel in their role. We are committed to providing our colleagues with development opportunities, job satisfaction and of course some fun whilst working!
OVERALL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
As Email Marketing Manager you will drive the development of our email marketing channel. You will be responsible for managing our email strategy driving sales and engagement with both businesses and consumers. This will include full end to end management of all broadcast emails, liaising with key stakeholders across the business to ensure our customers receive relevant, timely and inspiring communications from the brand all aimed at driving repeat purchase and long term loyalty.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead the broadcast email strategy this will include full end to end management from initial creation to final analysis for both our B2C and B2B emails
- Design and implement weekly emails including creating compelling copy, subject lines, design templates, briefing the studio as well as building emails in our system Ometria
- Create inspiring customer communications, scoping and implement a consistent tone of voice and communication style which supports our brand objectives
- Ensure prompt, accurate and error free communications to our customers, helping to build loyalty and minimise unsubscribes
- Scope and develop a customer journey for our B2B customers to ensure regular and relevant emails are sent which target the different customer segmentations
- Execute and deliver the segmentation of customer data which will in turn lead to more tailored email communications focused on increasing frequency of purchase
- Responsible for the analysis of all email campaigns, providing detailed reporting across all key KPI’s and sharing best practice and recommendations to improve email performance across the business
- Develop a test and learn email strategy to drive continuous improvement
- Build strong relationships with teams through credible, fact based arguments
- Develop our automation email programmes such as welcome journeys
- Increase email subscriber base testing new sign up mechanics with the marketing and online trading teams
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN YOU
- A email marketing expert with an extensive knowledge of industry best practice
- A strong creative executer, with excellent copy writing skills and who can create compelling customer communications
- A dynamic, passionate self-starter who can priorities their own work load and take full accountability for all aspects of their role
- Excellent prioritisation skills, the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- A team player with a can do attitude and someone who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure the work is completed on time and accurately
- An analytical mind, who can confidently interpret data to help drive decision and engage across the business
- A confident communicator, who can clear articulate credible opinions based on facts and challenge key stakeholders across the business
- The ability to be flexible and work to support the needs of the business including occasional weekend working
- Experience working in retail eCommerce is preferred
- Experience working with the Ometria email platform would be an advantage
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Competitive Salary
- Good holiday entitlement
- Generous discount at Ryman and the other brands within the Theo Paphitis Retail Group
- A great team to work with where you can progress and make a difference at all levels.