You love to write, to strategize. A/B testing is your jam. You view email marketing as a challenge; what time is the right time to send, how long should that email be.... bullets or no bullets? If you live to see those open, clickthrough, and conversion rates climb higher and higher, we're looking for you—an all-star email marketer who's excited to build a top-notch email marketing program and join our team.
The highlights: You'll develop and track email campaigns to ultimately increase our business' email marketing success—optimize for mobile devices, nail timing and frequency, organize your segmentation and personalization strategy, and craft great email copy (just to name a few).
- Grow our email list organically, not through bought or rented lists
- Create, manage, and optimize audience segments based on engagement/behaviors, demographics, firmographics, etc
- Develop and build lifecycle email marketing strategies, nurtures, and campaigns for Enterprise, SMB, and Self-Serve audiences. from concept to copy, program, testing, and execution
- Develop database segmentation strategies based on analysis across all marketing channels including email, social, SEO, SEM, events, webinars, content syndication, & paid media
- Think creatively around messaging and imagery. Email is visual. Partner closely with our Design team to consistently test new concepts across device types and email clients
- Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into customers
- Monitor campaigns/programs and optimize towards closed-won revenue with strong ROI
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email
- Partner closely with marketing ops to maintain data hygiene and automated processes within marketing automation as well as Salesforce
- Review results based on industry benchmarks and the health of our database on a regular basis and report to the broader team. Develop testing strategies to increase performance
- Work with a broader Demand Generation team (digital marketing, field marketing, marketing operations, and SDRs), Corporate Marketing, and Product Marketing to build and execute campaigns that progress leads and grow opportunity pipeline
- Ensure programs meet all regulations, including CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CCPA
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form)
- 3+ years of email marketing experience
- Advanced knowledge of a major marketing automation tool (Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, Hubspot, etc.)
- Strong Salesforce acumen
- Experience owning email engagement metrics by various audience segments
- Experience owning analysis on how email contributes to overall revenue
- Highly analytical with a keen eye for detail
- A proficient writer willing to draft and test copy
- Creative email marketer who understands the importance of visual design
- Innovative thinker willing to test big ideas and apply learnings to future campaigns
- Optimistic professional who celebrates wins and isn't afraid to share losses. We want to learn from everything
As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other Perks May Include
- Optional remote work
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company equity
- Flex Time Off
- Company Events
- Tuition reimbursement
- Casual dress
- Dog friendly office
- Commuter benefits
- Volunteer opportunities
- Monthly internet stipend
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover $450 million + in Revenue.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $9 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Offices located in San Francisco, California; Boulder, Colorado; New Orleans, Louisiana and Remote!