Our team is a small group of badasses who are the best-of-the-best within our departments. Much of what we do is cross-functional and involves knowing when to tag other teammates in or out. We work well together. We know our sh*t. And we high-five way more than what is probably socially acceptable.
You are a team player. You are creative, reliable, and are tuned in to the world around you. You bring something to the table that we need -- whether that’s badass copy skills, mind-blowing campaign ideas, or the research skills of a private eye. You’ve got what it takes to keep this well-oiled machine running. You like what we’re doing, are eager to learn and excel rapidly in your field, and we like you.
WHAT WE NEED
An Email Marketing Manager. You understand what makes customers love brands. You stay up to date on best practices and look for inspiration in how others use email. You’re the first to adopt new online tools, enjoy working with startups and new brands, and are a resource among your friends for anything internet-related. You’re the Chief of “figuring things out,” are an exceptionally good communicator, and regularly challenge yourself to make processes, systems, and teams better. If this sounds like you, you should apply!
- 3+ years experience in email marketing, lifecycle marketing and/or marketing automation.
- Experience working in a variety of ESPs including at least one of the following or similar: Klaviyo, HubSpot, Mailchimp
- Ability to work full-time in a US Time zone 5 days a week.
- University degree.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, spreadsheet organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of email marketing KPIs including open rate, click rate, clickthrough rate, attributed revenue, soft bounces, hard bounces, spam rate, etc.
- Portfolio of sample writing to accompany resume.
- Agency experience
- Experience leading, developing, and coaching your team
- HTML/CSS knowledge
- Experience leading SMS marketing campaigns
- Broad knowledge of legislation affecting email marketing and SMS, including CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR, etc.
- Broad knowledge of sender reputation, DKIM, SPF, DMARC, and BIMI.
- Experience with the ActiveCollab Project Management Tool, Slack, Google Docs, Google Data Studio.
- Having participated in a successful crowdfunding campaign, either as a Backer or as a Creator.
- Writing. Lots of writing. Under tight deadlines, and under a lot of pressure.
- Copywriting, staging, and execution of email marketing campaigns and automated flows for lifecycle marketing
- Managing at least 3 eCommerce clients’ campaigns & automations in Klaviyo
- Managing our clients’ subscriber base, deliverability, and quality of engagement
- Lead the development of new processes and update old ones as needed
- Coach and develop your team (3 FTE, 1 with 50/50 split between PR & Email), including providing recommendations to your team for improvements they can make to the accounts they lead
ATTRIBUTES & CHARACTERISTICS
- You must have a hunger to learn, grow, and share what you’re excited about. We help each other improve as a team every day, and we want you to be a part of that.
- You're self-directed, and not likely to sit idly by until someone hands you a task. You make your own work happen.
- You’re willing to go above and beyond in order to fulfill a wide range of support duties.
- You’re patient, self-critical, and can both dish and take constructive feedback.
- You possess a mastery of the written word that translates into effective communication for our clients.
- You have a writing and communication style that is fresh, consistent, customer-friendly, and can be adapted or tweaked to fit the voice or style of our clients.
- You are trustworthy and have high integrity.
- You have drive, a positive can-do attitude, and the ability to inspire others.
- You understand the dynamics of working within a team and know when to speak up.
- You are passionate about something. Anything. What is it? What makes you awesome?
- You’re just, like, super cool.
PERKS AT WORK
- An amazing email team
- A workplace built on trust and feedback. Full of positive, driven people who collaborate for the good of our clients
- Flexible working time, as long as at least 4 hours of your day cross over with Pacific Time
- Remote-friendly workplace
- Two beautiful offices in San Francisco & Seattle if you’d rather work from an office or if you want to plan a coworking visit as a remote contractor
- Personal development opportunities
Salary Range Commensurate with Experience.