Salary: £43,365 per annum
Location: Old Street, London
Hours: 34.50 (full time)
Benefits: Please visit our website for full details of employee benefits
Job Type: Fixed Term
Plan International UK is a global children’s charity. We strive to advance children’s rights and equality for girls all over the world.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we're tackling the root causes of gender inequality and child poverty, and we are now active in more than 70 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting for an Email Marketing Manager. This role sits within a newly created Brand and Digital Engagement Unit, which is responsible for delivering the organisation’s brand and digital engagement strategy, setting the direction for public engagement across the organisation and working with fundraisers to tell a powerful, consistent brand story.
Working with specialist digital, content, and brand marketing colleagues in the Unit, as well as staff across the organisation, this role will support the delivery of our key business goals and communications priorities across brand building, influencing and fundraising.
You will lead on the development of an integrated cross-organisational email marketing strategy that optimises our investment into database marketing, and creates impactful and connected supporter journeys for Plan International UK supporters, working with our Fundraising colleagues to integrate and optimise email performance.
You will be responsible for planning and overseeing the end-to-end delivery of an engaging, impactful email-marketing programme, including content planning, production, scheduling, and evaluation.
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge and experience:
- Working in an integrated digital marketing function in a fast paced environment
- Planning and implementing an email marketing strategy to meet business objectives
- Experience of managing cross-organisational email schedules and calendars, and planning, commissioning and implementing relevant content
- Good knowledge of email marketing platforms (ideally Adestra) and automation modules such as Apteco PeopleStage
- Using data and insights to inform planning processes, producing reports and evaluations
- Working with data teams on data selections to build and monitor audience segments, and optimise campaigns based on user behaviour
- Excellent understanding of the rules and regulations in data processing and email marketing, including GDPR
This is a temporary position for up to 10 months to cover maternity leave.
For further detail of this role, please see the job profile. Please refer closely to the Person Specification section during your application, to demonstrate your suitability for the role.
If you are unable to open this in internet explorer, please use another browser.
The deadline for applications is 9:00am on Tuesday 6 April 2021
Interviews will take place on Friday 16 April 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children, young people and adults in our work. We, therefore, apply rigorous recruitment and selection processes to ensure that only those who are suitable are recruited to work for us. Accordingly, appointment to all our roles is subject to a range of vetting checks. A criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working for us; this will depend on the circumstances of any offences
Plan International UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds