Because no one loves pets like we do. Our dogs and cats are family. Whether we’re throwing a slobber-soaked tennis ball or giving the perfect butt scratch, we know what makes our pets smile, zoom and purr. But we also know that life with pets isn’t all cuddles and treats. Whether you’re dealing with persistent allergies or midnight trips to the vet, being a pet parent can be stressful and expensive. That’s why we offer the most comprehensive pet insurance there is.
We’re looking for people who are just as passionate about supporting pets and pet parents as we are — and who are excited by the challenge of taking on a wide-open but already hyper-competitive market. More than 30% of European pet parents have pet insurance, but less than 2% of American pet parents are covered. We hope you’ll join us on our mission to change that.
We offer upward mobility, professional development, and support in overcoming new challenges. Above all else, Fetch values inclusion and diversity in the workforce. We believe in representation from all walks of life and host monthly lectures from some of the country’s most notable speakers.
As our head of customer email marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to join a fast-paced and forward-thinking CX team and be responsible for producing engaging and effective email programs, expand capabilities and infrastructure to set the team up for success, and collaborate with partners to elevate the email marketing program to drive customer engagement and retention for one of our most important messaging channels.
You are an email and SMS guru who’s tech savvy, data-driven and creative. You are customer obsessed and think in terms of customer journeys not channel silos. You are a self-starter who can establish a strategic vision / roadmap execute with excellence in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment. You’re comfortable with a high level of responsibility, exceptional at prioritizing work, and excel under pressure.
- Re-imagine our customer marketing retention strategy: Collaborate with our growth, CX and product teams to develop innovative data-driven and personalized communication that delivers the right message to the right customers at the right time with a focus on deliverability and inbox best practices. This includes developing our email, push, triggered and journey-based communications programs, scaling across multiple audiences and markets.
- Strategize cross-functionally: Partner with the Brand, Growth, CX and product teams on multi-touch retention campaigns across email, push notifications, site, app, social, and other channels.
- Report success: Deliver regular reporting and insights, and forecasts, to improve future programs and prioritize all aspects of the roadmap
- Manage with excellence: Define, monitor, optimize, and drive success of our customer email programs with a high attention to detail and drive for continuous improvement. Manage end-to-end processes including experiment design, creative briefing, development, execution and post-campaign analysis.
- Drive retention through segmentation and automation: Through iterative testing, develop segmented journeys and automated streams to communicate effectively with our customers during the right moments in their journey, and also upsell future products.
- Develop flexible and dynamic messaging framework: Partner with brand and creative to develop messaging system that enables data-driven personalization at scale.
- Influence martech and data strategy: Partner with data, product and tech teams to ensure the roadmap delivers on the ability to increase personalization and advanced targeting.
- Ensure data compliance: Partner with marketing, compliance, and data teams to ensure GDPR & CCPA compliance.
- Serve as subject matter expert: Develop a library of data-driven best practices and provide ongoing insights and strategy recommendations to the broader organization.
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Expert knowledge of email best practices, including strategy, segmentation, optimized messaging, personalization and deliverability
- Experience with email marketing tools and advanced technology such as ListTrak, Iterable, Braze, Validity, MovableInk
- Knowledge of and familiarity working with HTML & CSS
- Analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- Detail-oriented and have strong time management and interpersonal skills, as well as having a great sense of urgency
- Demonstrated success in presenting analysis and recommendations to influence decisions and drive business results
- Demonstrated success developing strong cross-functional partnerships with data, product, IT and marketing teams
- Experience managing email and other vendor relationships
- Exceptional at prioritizing work
- Experience using Agile methods and practices through multiple teams (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience in experiment design and analysis
- Experience with customer data platforms such as Segment and Tealium
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
At Fetch, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Fetch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.