Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Petco Love is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization changing lives by making communities and pet families closer, stronger, and healthier. Since our founding in 1999 as the Petco Foundation, we've empowered animal welfare organizations by investing $300 million in adoption and other lifesaving efforts. We've helped find loving homes for more than 6.5 million pets in partnership with Petco and organizations nationwide. Today, our love for pets drives us to lead with innovation, creating tools animal lovers need to reunite lost pets, and lead with passion, inspiring and mobilizing communities and our more than 4,000 animal welfare partners to drive lifesaving change alongside us.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Development, the Email Marketing Manager will inspire external audiences via email marketing to take action to further the Petco Love mission and drive lifesaving change for animals. He/she works alongside the team to help develop and execute the organization’s marketing and communication strategy and accomplishes the daily work needed to increase use of Petco Love’s lifesaving digital tools, raise funds and increase recognition of Petco Love’s impact as a national leader in animal welfare.
The Manager will be responsible for driving performance of targeted marketing emails, transactional messages and SMS messages. The Manager will work directly with the development and marketing team to develop effective strategy, content, segmentation and personalization to achieve business objectives. The Manager is also responsible for reporting and analyzing performance of the messages and campaigns.
- Develop alongside leadership, the organization’s email marketing strategy and calendar.
- Lead, plan, and execute all external marketing, lifecycle, and transactional e-mails, including creative brief, segmentation of audiences, managing email coding production, obtaining approvals, and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Lead the design, creation and implementation of new e-mail marketing and transactional email initiatives, including personalized and dynamic triggered programs to support new digital tools
- Proactively monitor the integrity of e-mail lists and quickly address any issues
- Track campaign and message data to inform planning; clearly communicate key learnings, and recommend new opportunities to leadership
- Stay current with data handling and email delivery best practices to maximize inbox placement, responsiveness, and accurate rendering across all major email clients and devices
- Understand key user segments, uncovering opportunities within the data and working with the team to develop new strategies to impact KPIs
- Develop documentation and processes related to email and user data
- Positive, solutions-oriented with a strong ability to build and develop relationships with internal stakeholders, partners and teammates.
- Nimbleness, can-do attitude. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in order to complete them accurately and on schedule. Willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategy on the fly.
- Willingness to listen to feedback from others and find the best ways to incorporate that feedback.
- Flexibility to deal with unanticipated projects that have tight turnaround times by adjusting schedules for other projects and clearly communicating those changes to stakeholders and teammates.
- Self-motivated, good at taking initiative, and comfortable operating under a degree of ambiguity.
- Passionate about animal welfare and the Petco Love mission.
Education And Experience
- BA degree in Marketing/Communication, Business, Data Science or similar
- 5+ years email marketing-specific experience
- Experience with SendGrid preferred but not required
- Well versed in e-mail marketing, SMS and push notification metrics such as deliverability, open rate, revenue per email, notification etc.
- Knowledge of email marketing, lifecycle marketing and other customer-centric communications important.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and email best practices
- Ability to analyze data and trends to inform strategy and drive business decisions
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.